Gibson Brands Forums

Hanging with Uncle Dick

NHTom

Cool.

I got to hang out with Tom, the bass player about 3 weeks ago at a party. Not the first time I meet him but the first time we talk longer.

The conversation about Classic Rock radio led to Free and Paul Kossoff and he was surprised anybody knew about them.

First album of theirs that I bought was Heaven Tonight back in 77. One listen to Surrender and I was a fan. In fact I sang Surrender in every band I was in through out high School and college. Kinda lost track of them after Dream Police in the early 80s.

Still a great live band even if Bun E. isn't touring anymore. Got to see them this past summer opening for Foreigner.

C'mon, Man... if ever pics were needed... [thumbup]

I had seats in front row center seat. He leaned down and held it out for a quick strum......then promptly beaned me in the nose with a pick......they guys deadly with pick throws...lol.

Right after I took this shot...

1zjJU5p.jpg

I was directly in front of Robin....

vvneO9E.jpg

NHTom

He has always been deadly with those pics, I wonder how many he has thrown in his career?

Cool pics.

Heck, I bet it was a couple hundred at the show I saw at lease.....by the end, it was handfuls..........lol.

I have to say that for a band that's been around as long as they have, they were still laughing with each other and appeared to be having a really good time........awesome to see!

NHTom

Heck, I bet it was a couple hundred at the show I saw at lease.....by the end, it was handfuls..........lol.

I have to say that for a band that's been around as long as they have, they were still laughing with each other and appeared to be having a really good time........awesome to see!

NHTom

I saw them about 32 years ago, they still rock. Awesome musicians.

I have never managed to see Cheap Trick live, but I have always loved their music.

And I really enjoy watching youTube videos of interviews with Rick Nielsen.

a. He's a fan of rock and roll as much as he is a player

and

b. The man LOVES collecting guitars!

[tongue]

Yea i was like 13 when i saw the One on One show in '81 i believe, seen em again in 83, for next position please and then again and again throughout the years every time i heard they were coming I tried to go. I think the best one was the tour when tom returned to the band, i think it was the flame that they did on his return, used to have all the early records from start, Oh yea they really had fun when tom came back it was amazing to hear that 12 string bass. Ah I think that double neck rick guitar was for the next position tour...

Archived