Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

help bass sounds vst, midi or?

#1 User is offline   Roach 

• Advanced Member
  • Group: All Access

Posted 12 November 2017 - 02:19 PM

How can I, or, can I, add bass to automatically play to my recorded guitar, without having a midi controller or an actual bass, using cakewalk guitar tracks pro. Or can I trun my pc keyboard keystrokes as a midi controller to input live with playback into guitar tracks pro 3.0, somehow?
I know the ultimate answer is to buy a bass but im out of money, and im not a bass player. I have tried some bass vst's but i dont understand them.Virtual instruments is confusing and does not really do anything for me recording along with playback. Can anyone tell me how to use midi and or vst's to accomplish adding bass to my guitar recordings with this program on windows 8.1 or point me in some kind of direction? Ok and i use a scarlette solo interface for mic and guitar from the DI Out on my marshall. or micing the amp either way. I read something about a program that will predict what a bassist would play given whatever style you want and will automatically put a bass line to your tracks but im skeptical that it exists, at least as something affordable.
Posted Image
2018 Gibson Explorer Elite
2015 Les Paul Studio (MM)
2000 Les Paul Special w/hums

Yamaha FS-311 7/8ths scale Acoustic
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 12" CG 40w

#2 User is offline   JAF 

• LocationNorway

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

View PostRoach, on 12 November 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

How can I, or, can I, add bass to automatically play to my recorded guitar, without having a midi controller or an actual bass, using cakewalk guitar tracks pro. Or can I trun my pc keyboard keystrokes as a midi controller to input live with playback into guitar tracks pro 3.0, somehow?
I know the ultimate answer is to buy a bass but im out of money, and im not a bass player. I have tried some bass vst's but i dont understand them.Virtual instruments is confusing and does not really do anything for me recording along with playback. Can anyone tell me how to use midi and or vst's to accomplish adding bass to my guitar recordings with this program on windows 8.1 or point me in some kind of direction? Ok and i use a scarlette solo interface for mic and guitar from the DI Out on my marshall. or micing the amp either way. I read something about a program that will predict what a bassist would play given whatever style you want and will automatically put a bass line to your tracks but im skeptical that it exists, at least as something affordable.

Hey, i have some experience using digital bass as I only play guitar myself. I usually use a subtractive synthesizer, with RM and FM capabilities. Usually i filter them so much you can't really hear it is not a real bass. I would try to just download a free subtractive synth and go from there. Synth1 VST is an easy one to start with, although lacking some envelopes and such. Its knob based.

Guitars: 2015 Epiphone G-400 Pro, 2007 Epiphone Les Paul Special II Ebony, 2008 Ibanez Xiphos XPT700FX, 2009 Ibanez Exotic Wood C30ASERGL
Amps: 2015 Laney Ironheart IRT Studio, 2018 Laney IRT 212 2x12 Black Cab.
Pedals: 2018 Fender The Bends Compressor, Visiual Sound Angry Fuzz Distortion/Octaver, Boss TU-3 Pedal Tuner

#3 User is offline   Roach 

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 January 2018 - 11:36 PM

View PostJAF, on 09 January 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Hey, i have some experience using digital bass as I only play guitar myself. I usually use a subtractive synthesizer, with RM and FM capabilities. Usually i filter them so much you can't really hear it is not a real bass. I would try to just download a free subtractive synth and go from there. Synth1 VST is an easy one to start with, although lacking some envelopes and such. Its knob based.

thanks, ill look into that...
Posted Image
2018 Gibson Explorer Elite
2015 Les Paul Studio (MM)
2000 Les Paul Special w/hums

Yamaha FS-311 7/8ths scale Acoustic
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 12" CG 40w

#4 User is offline   JAF 

• LocationNorway

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:36 PM

Alternatively, you can use a sampler with stretching capabilities, as it will be less complex and usually recordings of real basses. I think you should explore both. Or even a combination. Perhaps sampler to get the crisp fret noise and a digital synth for that roaring sub bass. Of course this depends on what kind of bass sound you are looking for. In my kind of music, i tend to prefer a quick picked bass rather than long sustained bass.

This post has been edited by JAF: 15 January 2018 - 10:37 PM

Guitars: 2015 Epiphone G-400 Pro, 2007 Epiphone Les Paul Special II Ebony, 2008 Ibanez Xiphos XPT700FX, 2009 Ibanez Exotic Wood C30ASERGL
Amps: 2015 Laney Ironheart IRT Studio, 2018 Laney IRT 212 2x12 Black Cab.
Pedals: 2018 Fender The Bends Compressor, Visiual Sound Angry Fuzz Distortion/Octaver, Boss TU-3 Pedal Tuner

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users