Gibson Brands Forums

help bass sounds vst, midi or?

Roach

How can I, or, can I, add bass to automatically play to my recorded guitar, without having a midi controller or an actual bass, using cakewalk guitar tracks pro. Or can I trun my pc keyboard keystrokes as a midi controller to input live with playback into guitar tracks pro 3.0, somehow?

I know the ultimate answer is to buy a bass but im out of money, and im not a bass player. I have tried some bass vst's but i dont understand them.Virtual instruments is confusing and does not really do anything for me recording along with playback. Can anyone tell me how to use midi and or vst's to accomplish adding bass to my guitar recordings with this program on windows 8.1 or point me in some kind of direction? Ok and i use a scarlette solo interface for mic and guitar from the DI Out on my marshall. or micing the amp either way. I read something about a program that will predict what a bassist would play given whatever style you want and will automatically put a bass line to your tracks but im skeptical that it exists, at least as something affordable.

• 1 month later...

How can I, or, can I, add bass to automatically play to my recorded guitar, without having a midi controller or an actual bass, using cakewalk guitar tracks pro. Or can I trun my pc keyboard keystrokes as a midi controller to input live with playback into guitar tracks pro 3.0, somehow?

I know the ultimate answer is to buy a bass but im out of money, and im not a bass player. I have tried some bass vst's but i dont understand them.Virtual instruments is confusing and does not really do anything for me recording along with playback. Can anyone tell me how to use midi and or vst's to accomplish adding bass to my guitar recordings with this program on windows 8.1 or point me in some kind of direction? Ok and i use a scarlette solo interface for mic and guitar from the DI Out on my marshall. or micing the amp either way. I read something about a program that will predict what a bassist would play given whatever style you want and will automatically put a bass line to your tracks but im skeptical that it exists, at least as something affordable.

Hey, i have some experience using digital bass as I only play guitar myself. I usually use a subtractive synthesizer, with RM and FM capabilities. Usually i filter them so much you can't really hear it is not a real bass. I would try to just download a free subtractive synth and go from there. Synth1 VST is an easy one to start with, although lacking some envelopes and such. Its knob based.

Hey, i have some experience using digital bass as I only play guitar myself. I usually use a subtractive synthesizer, with RM and FM capabilities. Usually i filter them so much you can't really hear it is not a real bass. I would try to just download a free subtractive synth and go from there. Synth1 VST is an easy one to start with, although lacking some envelopes and such. Its knob based.

thanks, ill look into that...

Alternatively, you can use a sampler with stretching capabilities, as it will be less complex and usually recordings of real basses. I think you should explore both. Or even a combination. Perhaps sampler to get the crisp fret noise and a digital synth for that roaring sub bass. Of course this depends on what kind of bass sound you are looking for. In my kind of music, i tend to prefer a quick picked bass rather than long sustained bass.

Archived