Gibson Brands Forums

Using a Bucket as as speaker Cab

Rabs

Guest Farnsbarns

Man this guy is bonkers :) (in a good way)

Years ago I worked with a guy who did some serious ICE installations. I did his website and branding. He used to mount subs in buckets all the time.

Years ago I worked with a guy who did some serious ICE installations. I did his website and branding. He used to mount subs in buckets all the time.

I wonder if you will get a more vintage accurate tone if you were to fill it with hide glue :unsure:

;)

Hah I didn’t know Titebond made hide glue. Hide glue normally needs to be heated up so I wonder what the difference is with the Titebond stuff.

We have Titebond buckets at work that would be perfect for a speaker but everyone knows Titebond doesn’t have any mojo haha

Hah I didn’t know Titebond made hide glue. Hide glue normally needs to be heated up so I wonder what the difference is with the Titebond stuff.

We have Titebond buckets at work that would be perfect for a speaker but everyone knows Titebond doesn’t have any mojo haha

When I started all this guitar building stuff I did a 4 month course on woodwork.. We used hide glue in the class. Man, what stinky horrible stuff.. Ive thought about using the titebond stuff but, meh, in this case I will just stick to what I know.. Regardless of how certain people would have us believe that it has something to do with tone and sustain :unsure: [rolleyes]

:P

Archived