• This topic is locked

SPEAKERS Preferences ?

#21 User is offline   surfpup 

• Picker and Grinner
  • Group: Members
  • LocationSaint Augustine, FL

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:19 AM

View PostDub-T-123, on 15 November 2017 - 07:37 PM, said:

Surfpup have you tried any alnico Celestions in Fenders?

Hmmm.... I think only ceramics. I will investigate further.

I will add I absolutely love having a Celestion in an old Epiphone combo I have (basically a Gibson Minuteman). That speaker brought that amp to life for sure.

#22 User is offline   badbluesplayer 

• ZIPPER CLUBBER
  • Group: Members
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

As far as Fender amps go, I don't really like any Celestion models in the Blackface/Silverface amps. They're kind of voiced contrary the natural tone of the those amps. For those amps I kind of like Jensen's - they're a little tinny. The WGS American style ceramics are really nice in those amps, the WGS g12c and g12cs (the smooth cone version - less brittle highs) are super.

Tweed amps like American voiced alnico's but can also do well with ceramics and some Celestions.

Weber speakers are probably consistently the best speakers on the market. They are generally slightly darker than the equivalent Jensens. Their British speakers are at least as good as Celestions.

Tone Tubby's are dark. Dark.

Eminence makes tons of speakers. They're all good. They're generally loud, which is not my preference.

WGS is making the best speakers for the money, IMO. The ET65 is an outstanding neutral to British voiced version of the Celestion G12-65. Sounds great with this Bassman Overdrive conversion amp that we just finished. We've used 8's, 10's and 12's from both the American and British lines and they're great -and like $79.00. Some of the Celestion equivalents cost the better part of two hundred dollars.

TENNESSEE AMPLIFIER COMPANY

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users