Gibson Brands Forums

Alice Cooper Tonight

IanHenry

My Wife and I have got tickets to see Alice Cooper at Manchester tonight. I wasn't really a fan of his/them but a few years ago I saw them by accident (I wanted to watch the support band) but their show was great, I'd highly recommend going to see them if you ever get the chance. You don't know how long those people are going to be able to continue, the travelling etc must be a real drag when you get to their advanced age.

Ian

I saw him for the first time in May and what a great show. I almost did not go because I thought I'd be out of town.

Since I went solo I got a great ticket and not only that I met a cool guy sitting next to me, guitar player, we have become friends since.

Then the day after I stopped by my favorite burrito place in town and saw that the concert poster was still taped to the wall so I grabbed it.

37603807134_c3310b57aa_k.jpg

Alice was great. About the last third of the show it was the original band, I thought they were so much better than the current band, no way near as clean and polished, but raw and sort of exciting because of it.

There were two support bands, The Tubes and The Mission. The Mission were ok but The Tubes were rather interesting, during one number there was a guy singing with a box on his head and for the last two numbers he came back on wearing tights and platform boots about 12" or more high, he needed helping on and off the stage.

At the hotel I was stopping at the Tubes were in the bar and at breakfast this morning, I was surprised at how old they were, they looked like four wizened up old guys, I was thinking it can't be much fun in the platform boots when you don't walk very well in training shoes.

A great and fun night, an evening with Alice is highly recommended.

Ian

Archived