Gibson Brands Forums

Ed O'Brien Sustainer Signature Strat

Rabs

If you held a gun to my head, I could not name 3 Radiohead songs if my life depended on it.

Me either - didn't even know that's who he was playing with.

Strange cos many rate them as one of the greatest bands ever and as far as I know they are a guitar band, but I've never watched or listened to them and couldn't name them or their songs.

...not knocking them at all (I'm sure they must be awesome at what they do), just never felt like checking them out. Maybe some day?

Strange cos many rate them as one of the greatest bands ever and as far as I know they are a guitar band, but I've never watched or listened to them and couldn't name them or their songs.

...not knocking them at all (I'm sure they must be awesome at what they do), just never felt like checking them out. Maybe some day?

If you do. Listen to The Bends... I think that's an incredible album... They started getting really weird after that.

Radiohead are a strange band. Their early stuff was just indie music that I found as dull as any other indie band around at that time. I liked OK Computer, Kid A and Amnesiac (Pyramid Song is a classic), but lost all interest after that mainly because the music press hailed them as genius musicians and kissed their a** all the time. I mean they are a good band for what they do, but I can name 100's of other bands that are way more inspiring to me. Neither Johnny or Ed are exceptional guitarists, but they are creative and make some interesting sounds. I guess they are one of the bands I like but dislike at the same time, which leaves me with a kind of meh response usually.

Anyway, back to the guitar. An odd choice for a signature model as I don't recall ever really noticing Ed when they play live.

Everyone seems to love the Bends. I don’t find it that interesting. I like Hail to the Theif, In Rainbows, and Ok Computer the best. They aren’t for everyone, probably most here would not like them

It's all good to me. But only for a certain amount of time. OK Computer is great, and my general go to when I want Radiohead. But after one day I am usually over it for a while.

There is a British TV series out there called "Rock Legends" usually 1/2 hour. The one on Radiohead is a whole hour. Goes to 11. Awesome band. Really great and very original stuff. I highly recommend it (then again, who TF am I?)

Archived