Gibson Brands Forums

Something wicked this way comes

jannusguy2

Now wait a minute. I thought you already the prototype version of this guitar.

I did and I traded it for something else. Saw this limited to 30 edition come up and have traded for it. I love the Lucas inlays and the dark burst. This one has the "Terrified" adi top which will be a first in my little collection. Got a smoking deal value for value on the trade and it's brand new with warranty.

(Deep bodied rosewood) bass will be in the place.

All should give one a spin. Can do the feather light, listen to the nuance, or explore the sky's-the-limit-headroom, volume wise.

How's your shoulder ? ; ).

Damn the shoulder, full speed ahead. If it begins to hurt I will put the guitar down.

JanG, It takes a lot to get a rise out of me - but that is ... delectable. Now, not to deflect or detract....

Shoulder wise. The ailments are all different - but the several muscles/tendons that make up the 'rotator cuff' get less 'exercise' a person ages. But there are several exercises that are easy, quick and effective.

I suffered with a problem with my left shoulder for a year. Finally asked my daughter in law who is an Occupational Therapist for help. She suggested I take a week of Aleve to lessen the pain. inflammation. and then start exercising. She gave me an exercise sheet and a 'TheraBand' (5 foot long fat rubber band) and within a month I was able to play without any problems. You do the exercises for 15 minutes every other day for a month and, with luck, your good to go.

Of course, that's all specific to my medial condition - not yours. Just wanted to let you know that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of that stellar keeper!

You do the exercises for 115 minutes every other day for a month and, with luck, your good to go.

Of course, that's all specific to my medial condition - not yours. Just wanted to let you know that there may be a light at the end of the tunnel. Hope you get a ton of enjoyment out of that stellar keeper!

I hope you meant 15 minutes, not 115 minutes.

I had a similar problem a couple years ago, and it took about six months of specific shoulder exercises to get range of movement back in my left shoulder. I couldn't straighten my left arm when I raised it over my head, and the pain was pretty discouraging. Still have some pain, but nothing I can't live with.

Targeted exercise is the key.

It's tough getting old, but it beats the alternative.

I hope you meant 15 minutes, not 115 minutes.

I had a similar problem a couple years ago, and it took about six months of specific shoulder exercises to get range of movement back in my left shoulder. I couldn't straighten my left arm when I raised it over my head, and the pain was pretty discouraging. Still have some pain, but nothing I can't live with.

Targeted exercise is the key.

It's tough getting old, but it beats the alternative.

Yeah - FIFTEEN ! Thanks.

Your situation sounds very similar to mine. Yes, still some minor pain - but not bad at all.

I thin rotator cuff muscles don't normally get enough exercise as we get older.

Archived