Gibson Brands Forums

P90 Adjustment Issue?

guitargeezer

Sorry if this is a stupid question - I've never owned a guitar with P90s until I got my 50s trib Les Paul.

Question on the P90s. The bridge pickup always seems to creep upwards... I don't notice it until my 6th string starts smacking in to it . (And literally putting a groove in the plastic cover.) I'm wondering if this is a known issue (or perhaps a 'feature') or whether there's just something askew with mine.

Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Bill

Hi and welcome to the forums.....[thumbup]

P90's are fitted on various guitars, Gibson and other makes....

Personally never had an issue with vibration 'creep' upwards or downwards

Guitars are very individual in their inherent propensity to vibrate at certain frequencies.....:blink:

My hollow P90 guitars have fixed pickups so remain at a fixed height regardless

The adjustment screws could theoretically be 'Loctited' in place.....but probably not advisable for ease of future adjustment

V

:-({|=

The adjustment screws could theoretically be 'Loctited' in place.....but probably not advisable for ease of future adjustment

Thanks so much for your reply. I thought about putting a tiny bit of the loctite 'lite' (as I recall from my motorcycle days, there were a couple different colors..one let you remove the screw, the other pretty much secured forever and ever, amen.... But maybe I'll just live with it and keep adjusting it. it's not the end of the world...just an annoyance. :-)

Thanks again!

Archived