Gibson Brands Forums

SG Stamped Truss Rod Covers

MrNylon

I recently acquired two 2018 SG Std. Basses, and they no longer have SG stamped truss rod covers. The truss rod covers are now the plain black bell covers. Why were the SG stamped truss rod covers discontinued for use?

• 2 weeks later...

I would have to say the same reason they leave off the 'poker chip' on recent SG's and LP's.

Cost reduction

that writing must be the reason the chicken wings at the company roast are smaller

those boys are losing weight and taking a lower class vehicle at the dealership.

Something had to be done.

I would have to say the same reason they leave off the 'poker chip' on recent SG's and LP's.

Cost reduction

that writing must be the reason the chicken wings at the company roast are smaller

those boys are losing weight and taking a lower class vehicle at the dealership.

Something had to be done.

I figured cost had something to do with it. It's aggravating though. Ok, charge me another ten bucks for the bass, for what should be there in the first place. Hell I just dropped $1,300. for the 2018 SG Std., $10.00 isn't anything.

I figured cost had something to do with it. It's aggravating though. Ok, charge me another ten bucks for the bass, for what should be there in the first place. Hell I just dropped $1,300. for the 2018 SG Std., $10.00 isn't anything.

Yeah, the cost difference between a stamped and unstamped SG TRC should be negligible. I find more and more of Gibson's business decisions rather puzzling these days.

Yeah, the cost difference between a stamped and unstamped SG TRC should be negligible. I find more and more of Gibson's business decisions rather puzzling these days.

Yes Sir, I don't see the logic in this move at all. If they wanted to do a change on the SG Std. Bass, don't use a pickguard on them. The pickguard must cost a bit more than the TRC.

Yes Sir, I don't see the logic in this move at all. If they wanted to do a change on the SG Std. Bass, don't use a pickguard on them. The pickguard must cost a bit more than the TRC.

If it's any consolation, it would cost close to $50 at Sweetwater to buy both the poker chip, pickguard,+ bracket

for the Les Paul Tribute I have, which came with neither.

38815135182_99104400bf_b.jpg

I have considered it, but she doesn't really Need it.

(the image gives the illusion that the guitar is thin but it isn't)

If it's any consolation, it would cost close to $50 at Sweetwater to buy both the poker chip, pickguard,+ bracket

for the Les Paul Tribute I have, which came with neither.

38815135182_99104400bf_b.jpg

I have considered it, but she doesn't really Need it.

(the image gives the illusion that the guitar is thin but it isn't)

I just bought the same guitar, even the same color, and it came with a pick guard. I didn't see anywhere where they gave you a choice. Is this just a random procedure?

I've never seen a parts listing for SG Std. Bass pickguard, so I would have no idea what their cost is. Gibson bass parts listings, are pretty non existent, as compared to regular guitar parts. Gibson doesn't make it easy on themselves for players to have the feeling that Gibson Basses are backed by the company. Sorry, but it's true. Try to get information on this site for basses.

Archived