Gibson Brands Forums

Blue Planet 2

IanHenry

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else on the forum have been watching the BBC/David Attenborough's latest Blue Planet series, which I find fantastic, but last night's program was quite shocking, showing the effects plastics are having on the sea's and marine life.

Here's an interesting little clip showing how Sharks behave when they think a midget submarine is after their lunch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn574acq9Fk

If you haven't seen the program you really should.

Ian

Yeah.. As always its amazing...

Been watching it and Sir David all my life (Wildlife on One :) ).. World class TV..... And the modern tech they use to capture the images is just breath taking as well as fascinating...

The whole thing about plastic was just sickening..

It is fair to say that no one can touch this series for quality and imaginative production......[thumbup]

So proud to know it is a UK programme

Educational and entertaining.....[thumbup]

Personally I've been brought to tears (and Mrs V too) by the reports of sea creatures injured and worse by plastic detritus

The suffering of turtles is particularly upsetting

David A has had such a fantastic career in TV over several decades.....

V

:-({|=

Yet another fan here.

I know Sir David doesn't have much input these days voice-over apart but it's hard to imagine such a phenomenally high-quality nature/wildlife documentary without his irreplaceable vocal 'soundtrack' in attendance. It really is program-making of the highest order with astonishing production levels in all respects.

Magnificent - and throughly thought-provoking - stuff from all concerned in bringing the series to our screens.

Pip.

Sounds good, unfortunately we don't get that show on this side of the pond. We do get BBC World News each night which seems way more objective and less politically motivated than our commercial news. We also get some BBC drama shows, but not this nature series. Too bad.

Sounds good, unfortunately we don't get that show on this side of the pond. We do get BBC World News each night which seems way more objective and less politically motivated than our commercial news. We also get some BBC drama shows, but not this nature series. Too bad.

I'm guessing you will be able to get it eventually? Check out to see if the original Blue Planet can be accessed in your area, those programs really are a treat for the eyes in HD.

Ian

I believe you might be able to catch it on BBC America if you want, although I don't know the ins and outs of the service offered over there and if it's a paid-for subscription you've got to sign up for...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/planet-earth-ii/where-to-watch

Archived