Gibson Brands Forums

Hello to all my new fiddler friends!

THE DUTCHMAN

Wow, took me a minute to get here, anyway I am here. Been coming here for a long time to get info an advice from the posts! I finally gathered up the money and managed a really good deal on a 2016 LP Traditional Pro IV Wine Red. I like it a lot, so I joined up here! Nice to finally be a part of the Gibson Guitar Owner family of friends! I am an old hippie who has been playing for about 37 yrs, I play for fun, to me playing guitar is a spiritual expression, I love the blues and the 60s music, classic rock, country and Motown. Anyway, hello, and I have another guitar that has me completely confused, I will need help with? I bought a 1965 Gibson Firebird Non Reverse III, it is a peculiar and oddly configured Terradactile? how do I get help with finding out if it is authentic,I have already done a lot of research and that has only left me with more confusion, Thanks, Dutch.

Greetings Mr D and welcome to the forums......[thumbup]

If you care to post a pic of your Firebird we may be able to assist in verifying it's provenance.....[biggrin]

Well thank you, however I have already received an answer from Mr Gibson corporate, I purchased a counterfeit/ fake! I am trying to work our a resolution now. Anyway, I am glad to know that the Les Paul I bought is an original and registered with Gibson. Peace, Dutch

Archived