Gibson Brands Forums

David Cassidy passes away

brc

David Cassidy passed away last night.

Man, celebrities are passing away daily it seems.

For the younger group, David Cassidy was a hit with the young teen age girls of the late 60s early 70s.

Another note, Della Reese also passed away I think late Monday night or early Tues. morning.

David Cassidy passed away last night.

Man, celebrities are passing away daily it seems.

For the younger group, David Cassidy was a hit with the young teen age girls of the late 60s early 70s.

Another note, Della Reese also passed away I think late Monday night or early Tues. morning.

Hundreds of thousands of people die everyday, not just celebrities.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a whole episode of the partridge family but I do have their greatest hits somewhere. Some great pop songs.

He’s like Malcolm Young though, they both had dementia. Personally I’d rather be dead than live like that. My grandma had it and it was heartbreaking going to see her and realizing she didn’t even know who I was.

RIP.

I remember watching The Partridge Family and The Monkees when I was a kid. I used to put my tape recorder near the TV to record the songs from those shows. And, of course, the songs from the original Scooby Doo cartoons.

RIP David and everyone else who's passed lately.

RIP DC. I heard his health was declining, but he sure went fast. Time catches up with us all.

I think alcohol and drugs compounded his problems. He died of organ failure. His dementia probably excluded him from transplant eligibility and there wasn’t much point in trying to extend his life. From my point of view it’s good that he went quick instead of lingering around and fading away.

Like I said, my grandma had dementia and I’ve visited many relatives in old folks homes and seen enough people with dementia and Alzheimer’s to know I don’t want to go out like that. It’s absolutely horrible.

I heard of his passing early this morning. Very sad hearing it. I used to watch every episode and the reruns. Think he was only 67 so two years older then me. My wife & I saw him perform way back at The Holland Center here. RIP David Cassidy

Archived