Gibson Brands Forums

Hello from Ohio

roxynoodle

Hi, new to the forum. Yesterday I bought a 2017 SG Standard HP in cherryburst and am expecting it Friday. It will be my second Gibson, but I haven't had one for 21 years. Way back in 1983 when I was 15 I bought my second guitar: an alpine white SG special with the chainsaw case. However, in 1997, my good-for-nothing (soon-to-be-ex) husband took it to a pawn shop and hocked it while I was at work. With the financial situation he had put me in by refusing to work and spending every cent I made I wasn't exactly in a position to get a new one for a long time. Wow, what a soap opera, huh?

Anyway, I have bought a few guitars over the years although I'm not sure if I'm allowed to talk about those here? One was an Epi G-400 so that one is probably allowed [tongue] I think part of me was afraid to get another Gibson but now I'm at a point in my life where I'm 99.9% sure I won't be getting remarried [thumbup]

I am having a hard time waiting until Friday! I have to say these 2017 models are very impressive with the hardware changes.

Welcome to the forum...don't worry about going out-of-bounds, someone will let you know...

What city in Ohio are you in? I'm a Daytonian born and bred, for what it's worth...

Think OSU keeps up their dominance Saturday?

I sure hope OSU does! After the Iowa game though you just don't know what to think. They also still need to tighten things up (too many penalties, special teams issues, fumbles/interceptions). Yet I feel they have both some of most explosive offense and defense in college football.

I'm originally from Cleveland but have lived in NW Ohio for more of my life at this point. I graduated from high school in 86 and went to Bowling Green for college. I did spend a year in your area when I was teaching at a school in there. 1991-92 school year but was laid off at the end of the year due to financial problems in the school district. That is when I migrated back to NW Ohio and have stayed here since.

Oh, put my guitars in my signature so anyone interested can see what they are.

Welcome to the forum Roxy! msp_thumbup.gif Hope you enjoy it here and congrats on your new SG. Yea, way back I used to Drag Race and allowed a child hood best friend to be partners in it. I was successful till he stole everything and sold it all when I was on my honeymoon with my wife in Hawaii. It took great restraint from shooting him as I lost many thousands of dollars. Needless to say we aren't friends anymore. msp_cursing.gif By the way, feel free to mention and or post photos of any guitars you may have. This is a Gibson forum and most folks love Gibson first but their are many who own all brands of guitars. I have Gibson, Epiphone, Gretsch, Fender, Squire, Ovation, Mitchell and so forth. About football, I wish Nebraska where I live was so fortunate as Ohio! Yes, Riley fired. It's getting old seeing coaches come and go.

Archived