Gibson Brands Forums

Changing Family

MorrisrownSal

The good news is I have been keeping within budgetary and self imposed disciplinary needs - i.e. I don't have 15 guitars!.

And the good news is I picked up a used LG2 American Eagle circa 2013 yesterday... I had already bought three of these - two of which I have given away, and the third was a post 2016 one with the Grover mini-tuners and a top that was just .... too yellow. I sold that one.

I wasn't in the market frankly. I was headed to Russo's to return a Taylor 12 string I had tried out at home for a few days, and I saw this one on the wall. I love it. It sounded miles ahead of the new 2017 hanging next to it, and I missed the one I bought from forum member Rich G here (that's the one my son has in North Carolina). This one has plenty of headstock blemishes and scratches, its a player. It looks great and it sounds great.

So one in and one out... and cash back as well. No harm! By the way in my second picture you can see the main four I have now - the two Martins and two Gibsons. Life is balanced. And the Martin 18 is fantastic.

01szSnql.jpg

Tb2NRE0l.jpg

Sal, enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with your well balanced family, have fun with those very nice guitars too!!👍

I don't have 15...........yet😋

Love one woman and many guitars.........15 could be a worthy goal😎

Happy Thanksgiving everyone,......this is the one about family ❤️

So Sal, in your experience, if you try out a guitar for a few days from a store (no money handed over), then return it and buy something else (money handed over), would this be in compliance with a one in - one out rule? If so, this could be the loop-hole we're all looking for. How many days do you think the first guitar needs to be in the house to be considered the one in?

[biggrin]

Lars

Well... Russo's and I have a great relationship. I dont try them out... I buy them... like I did that Taylor 362 CE twelve string.... but they know how I take care of stuff, and when after two weeks i called and said it wasnt working, they said bring it back in. I dont expect a return, but they do it. They are just a great shop, and a New Jersey treasure.

And EA - I was toying with getting a new J45 standard they have with the black nut and all - that sounded amazing... I would have had to pony up a few hundred more, and I was close to doing it. I do need a sunburst. I am eyeing the used market for Bird TVs or Vintages. Maybe next year!

Martin sends them...

They sent out promotional emails. I think one of them a year back asked if anyone wanted to be a tester, and dir3cted us to a link to sign up. I think they then picked from that list. I got lucky. 8 just have to give honest prompt reviews when I'm done with the strings.

I did with the Titanium Strings about nine months back... the strings were great. Smooth. Stayed tuned well. Flexible. Comfortable... but I told them I wouldn't pay the retail price... I told them I might pay $20, and not $40.

Ps WTF is with Apple changing my letters to numbers lately? Somewhere an algorithm needs to be fired.

Martin sends them...

They sent out promotional emails. I think one of them a year back asked if anyone wanted to be a tester, and dir3cted us to a link to sign up. I think they then picked from that list. I got lucky. 8 just have to give honest prompt reviews when I'm done with the strings.

I did with the Titanium Strings about nine months back... the strings were great. Smooth. Stayed tuned well. Flexible. Comfortable... but I told them I wouldn't pay the retail price... I told them I might pay $20, and not $40.

Ps WTF is with Apple changing my letters to numbers lately? Somewhere an algorithm needs to be fired.

Cool

You finished with that lg2 yet ?

LG2 is permanent.

Congrats, nice buy.

I love all my LG's, but the AE is the one I'm most comfortable with. Don't see any of my LG's going anywhere in the time I have left on earth. Hoping that I live to own and play a 100 year old LG3, that would make me 84.

Archived