Gibson Brands Forums

Pro-1 explorer

Suspiciousminds

I've just bought my son an epi pro1 explorer in ebony to learn on.

Anybody got an opinion on these?

not on that particular model , but I would venture to guess it is a very fine electric guitar , indeed . :) I have a "silver series" Explorer , that has 2 pickups , and I personally believe the thing is quite an unreal , great instrument . May I ask what amplifier and sound effects units might your son be using with that thing ? And , might you also be able to take a photo and post it , or maybe your son might do that . Well , right on , here is a picture of mine , which ...well , I love it , actually

oh , is he using a "standard" tuning with it ? or not ? if not , which tunings might he be using ?

well

right on :)

peace :)

the tremolo bar was photoshopped , and I deleted the original photograph . So , what do you think ? lol

t42m2ui.jpg

:)

great guitar :)

and , I may some day actually install a Bigsby tremolo unit on it , and a graphite infused nut and "roller saddle/bridge" thing too :) soon :) and a "vibramate" thing :) maybe, soon :)

:)

The pro 1 is really a beginner guitar that should be fine to learn on. Quality wise it is fine for the price range. It isn't in the same price range as what Crust has pictured so it will not be as upscale as his is.

Crust, what tremolo did you put on that TV Silver of yours? I have one of those that I have been doing mods on. Looks nice.

The pro 1 is really a beginner guitar that should be fine to learn on. Quality wise it is fine for the price range. It isn't in the same price range as what Crust has pictured so it will not be as upscale as his is.

Crust, what tremolo did you put on that TV Silver of yours? I have one of those that I have been doing mods on. Looks nice.

lol ...well sorry , but lol :) That thing is a photoshop job , just to see how it would appear . What do you think ? The thing does not have one on it , presently :) . And as you said , that is a beginners guitar , but I'd venture to say , even without seeing or playing it , that it is , most likely , quite an excellent instrument :) I guess time will tell . If your son uses it , and keeps on playing , it may be a very good guitar . I would suggest getting a few sets of strings . I've broken the higher ones , the B and E , a few times on the thing I have :) but that is because I bend he strings a lot , most likely :) . Please let us know how it all works out :)

peace :)

I don't play too much metal stuff on it , maybe I should tune it differently , again :) some on occasion , but not too. I also tune it to open D and try a bit of slide . It does sound very OK to me , doing just that :) yes it most certainly does :) I play blues shuffle and stuff , simple jazz and things like that , 12 bar stuff , on it , mostly :)

Archived