Gibson Brands Forums

Original Bay Ridge Mile

MorrisrownSal

So, I listened...and then I had to go to my pc because my thumbs wouldn't bear the load of what I want to say.

This is completely wonderful, Sal--on every level. First, how the hell did you pull off that level of arrangement and production so freaking quickly?! I'm in awe.

Second, I love the song: the groove, the changes, the lyrics--they all worked as one, drawing me in from the get-go to a particular place I can relate to--playing in a bar, and being SO grateful for the chance to bring music to people who need music.

Also--and has already been noted in prior threads--it's been a pure joy to witness your journey. You, sir, are killing it now--and this is, what, hours maybe after you declared you might be a "mediocre" songwriter??

Looks like you did get hit by lightning after all.

Your audience is gonna love this--and that'll be a sweet thing when you share it. (I dare you not to cry...)

Well done, Sal--seriously.[thumbup][thumbup]

Anne

Holy crap Sal!! That was freaking amazing that you put that together in a week. That just shows the talent you have. Not many can do that my friend. Not much one can add to comment on, Anne summed it up perfect. My guitar is officially cased and put in a closet after that. I bow to you!!!

Wow, that was superb, as Anne said on so many levels. Youve got it in you Sal, in so many ways !

The song, groove, the vocals, arrangement .... and the pro prodution, that was just splendid.

Hats off many times over ! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Way kind guys and thanks.

The Home production is really simple. GarageBand! Acoustic guitar and bass (gs Mini bass) and vocals are recorded in separate tracks into an Apogee MiC, the drum track is canned... and I played my reverend electric into an Apogee JaM.... this opens up about fifty different amps you can choose from, and effects to add. I added a phaser, some chorus and echo, and a little overdrive.

Again thanks. I'm going to share this with my buddy Mike, and see if he wants to add it in.

He should. He plays Growing Up at every show... for one gal. It’s her song. Roberta.

Way kind guys and thanks.

The Home production is really simple. GarageBand! Acoustic guitar and bass (gs Mini bass) and vocals are recorded in separate tracks into an Apogee MiC, the drum track is canned... and I played my reverend electric into an Apogee JaM.... this opens up about fifty different amps you can choose from, and effects to add. I added a phaser, some chorus and echo, and a little overdrive.

Again thanks. I'm going to share this with my buddy Mike, and see if he wants to add it in.

He should. He plays Growing Up at every show... for one gal. It’s her song. Roberta.

Growing up as in Bruce’s song?

I’d like to hear that myself , roberta shmerta

A brilliant work, my friend.

I've found the songs I write for ME are the ones I like best, and this comes off as one you simply wrote for yourself. A piece of you. your life, your aura.

A person's feelings about another person, be it a lover, friend, wife, mentor, whatever, can change with time and even though the song remains the same, the memories can sometimes blur the vision. A place, however, will remain the same, in history, and is an excellent subject to tie to memory.

Bravo.

That's cool, Sal, nice work, I am surprised to hear this after some recent posts you have made about your writing. You came full circle, lol. I envy your ability to play electric and bass, too. You put it all together, cool! I think your people will like it a lot.

Archived