Gibson Brands Forums: Calton Cases - Gibson Brands Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Calton Cases

#1 User is offline   maplebaby 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 06-July 13

Posted 26 November 2017 - 04:41 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=2kYT846eg04
0

#2 User is offline   jdgm 

  • Now's The Time!
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6143
  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:26 AM

I have 2 of these, made in late '79 and mid 80s by Keith Calton.
Well worth it.
0

#3 User is offline   maplebaby 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 06-July 13

Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:21 AM

View Postjdgm, on 26 November 2017 - 06:26 AM, said:

I have 2 of these, made in late '79 and mid 80s by Keith Calton.
Well worth it.


that's very cool! Thanks for checking this out and i appreciate the post,

dale
0

#4 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Nanook Rubs It
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 5536
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:27 AM

Wow a Grand for a case.
1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp
0

#5 User is offline   maplebaby 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 06-July 13

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:49 AM

View PostFZ Fan, on 30 November 2017 - 08:27 AM, said:

Wow a Grand for a case.


how much did you pay for your first computer? Where is it?
0

#6 User is offline   jdgm 

  • Now's The Time!
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6143
  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:49 AM

View Postmaplebaby, on 03 December 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

how much did you pay for your first computer? Where is it?


Good point.

Mine was an Atari 1040 - I was so excited - some years ago I finally took it and the monitor to the dump.

Of course, now people want them..... ](*,)

BTW here is one of my Caltons, with guitar.....

Posted Image
0

#7 User is offline   FZ Fan 

  • Nanook Rubs It
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 5536
  • Joined: 15-October 13
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

View Postmaplebaby, on 03 December 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

how much did you pay for your first computer? Where is it?


Good point, but I only have Pinto money not Ferrari money. All my cases are sitting in the corner of my room until I transport my axes somewhere. All my guitars are in stands, and not $1000 stands.
1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp
0

#8 User is offline   maplebaby 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 06-July 13

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:17 AM

View Postjdgm, on 04 December 2017 - 05:49 AM, said:

Good point.

Mine was an Atari 1040 - I was so excited - some years ago I finally took it and the monitor to the dump.

Of course, now people want them..... ](*,)

BTW here is one of my Caltons, with guitar.....

Posted Image


wow..thats a killer combo! Do you mind sharing more about your AT guitar - it's beautiful.
0

#9 User is offline   jdgm 

  • Now's The Time!
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6143
  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:45 PM

View Postmaplebaby, on 06 December 2017 - 05:17 AM, said:

wow..thats a killer combo! Do you mind sharing more about your AT guitar - it's beautiful.


Made in 1980s by veteran English guitar maker D*ck Knight. (RIP. He always insisted he was a guitar maker, not a luthier).
Ebony board, long scale 24 frets, Schaller Golden 50s pickups.
Will take some pics and post, when I can.

This post has been edited by jdgm: 06 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

0

#10 User is offline   tonedr 

  • Newbie
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 14-November 17

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

View Postjdgm, on 06 December 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

Made in 1980s by veteran English guitar maker D*ck Knight. (RIP. He always insisted he was a guitar maker, not a luthier).
Ebony board, long scale 24 frets, Schaller Golden 50s pickups.
Will take some pics and post, when I can.


wow...sounds like a very special instrument! Thanks for taking the time to share...look forward to more pics, trying to figure out if those are humbucker or mini humbucker pickups?
0

#11 User is offline   jdgm 

  • Now's The Time!
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6143
  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

View Posttonedr, on 07 December 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

wow...sounds like a very special instrument! Thanks for taking the time to share...look forward to more pics, trying to figure out if those are humbucker or mini humbucker pickups?


They are Schaller versions of PAF.

Apologies for late reply, I will post some pics of the Calton case and the guitar in next few days.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This post has been edited by jdgm: 08 December 2017 - 05:41 PM

0

#12 User is offline   maplebaby 

  • Member
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 10
  • Joined: 06-July 13

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:34 AM

What a beautiful guitar...the work on the back of the neck is amazing! Congrats on having such a special guitar & I greatly appreciate the pics!
0

#13 User is offline   jdgm 

  • Now's The Time!
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6143
  • Joined: 05-January 12
  • LocationIt's nice to be anywhere

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:05 AM

Here we are: Calton case, mid 1980s. Reinforced top.
Now over 30 yrs old, very tough indeed, still glad I got it and highly recommend Calton to anyone with a valuable instrument they wish to protect.

Posted Image
Pocket -
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the guitar for which it was made:

Posted Image

Body is 2 1/2" deep, the neck has 24 frets which is why the pickups are close together -

Posted Image

Posted Image

It sounds as good as it looks.

Best wishes to all!

This post has been edited by jdgm: 11 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

0

#14 User is offline   tonedr 

  • Newbie
  • Group: All Access
  • Posts: 6
  • Joined: 14-November 17

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:33 AM

View Postjdgm, on 11 December 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

Here we are: Calton case, mid 1980s. Reinforced top.
Now over 30 yrs old, very tough indeed, still glad I got it and highly recommend Calton to anyone with a valuable instrument they wish to protect.

Posted Image
Pocket -
Posted Image
Posted Image

And the guitar for which it was made:

Posted Image

Body is 2 1/2" deep, the neck has 24 frets which is why the pickups are close together -

Posted Image

Posted Image

It sounds as good as it looks.

Best wishes to all!

Nice guitar and case - enjoyed these pics thanks for sharing and keep pickin'!

0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users