Gibson Brands Forums

Signed 2018 Epiphone LE Slash Les Paul Standard Pro Premium in AAA Acanonda Burst

6stringmusic

So I am pretty Jazzed. I went to AMS (American Musical Supply)after receiving the Black Friday emails and ordered this amazing Flame top guitar for $1199.

My link

I then noticed that they also have an unsigned version available coming. The site didn't have much detail other than it was signed. Did not say where or anything, so I called Gibson. Gibson told me that are only offering 100 of these signed versions, so how cool is that? Great guitar, and it comes with a deluxe case for a fraction of its Gibson brothers price. The guitar I am told will be personally hand signed and numbered on the back of the head stock, where there is also the slash logo. Hand signed guitar from the man himself...and it is beautiful! Soooooo excited.

So I am pretty Jazzed. I went to AMS (American Musical Supply)after receiving the Black Friday emails and ordered this amazing Flame top guitar for $1199.

My link

I then noticed that they also have an unsigned version available coming. The site didn't have much detail other than it was signed. Did not say where or anything, so I called Gibson. Gibson told me that are only offering 100 of these signed versions, so how cool is that? Great guitar, and it comes with a deluxe case for a fraction of its Gibson brothers price. The guitar I am told will be personally hand signed and numbered on the back of the head stock, where there is also the slash logo. Hand signed guitar from the man himself...and it is beautiful! Soooooo excited.

Wow that's nice ..................... 300 more......................................... ok . what ever blows your hair back .

These sold out almost immediately at AMS, and they told me they were only getting 5 or so after I ordered. The weird thing is that I cannot find them anywhere on the web, as if AMS was the first to promote them. They're not even released until Dec 12th of so, so they must have listed theirs early or something. Not even a blurb on the Epiphone website. Only thing I could find was an article on the Gibson site talking about the endorsement and how he would be working to develop some new products for Gibson and Epiphone.

They are making just 900 unsigned versions world wide (without case) and just 100 signed verions (WITH case). Pretty limited indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wood can be stained any color.. The Slash LP looks to be well built with high grade components. [thumbup]

SlashLesPaul_AB_Splash.jpg

Anaconda Burst is kind of pretty, at least its not Pelham Blue..

Musicians Friend claims they will be available 2-24-2018.... You can reserve one for $899 with free shipping.

http://www.musicians...itar?rNtt=slash les paul&index=4

Or the similar Gibson Slash LP now for $4999.

http://www.musicians...itar?rNtt=slash les paul&index=6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I was just visiting in my local music store today and I came home with this... [omg]

I really didn't expect to see signed guitar here in Finland. I'm still trying to recover from this surprise.

anaconda_zpsp3ksayec.jpg

pickups1_zpsmpb73wt0.jpg

signed_zpsewmfumab.jpg

Sweet find! Guitar looks great. How do you like it after playing it?

Sweet find! Guitar looks great. How do you like it after playing it?

I'm not an expert, only hobbyist - but if I compare this Epiphone Les Paul and Gibson Les Paul Traditional, that I have. The first thing I notice is the weight. That's because the Traditional don't have weight relief. I think the quality is the same. My Gibson is black, so I cannot see the wood. But the Epiphone's AAA top is stunning with the green Anacondaburst.

Playability is the same. I can't feel any difference between Gibson neck and Slash custom neck. Action is the same and I believe these factory strings are the same kind of 10's I have in my Gibson (I use Ernie's).

About the pickups - I can't say exactly what is the difference between Gibson '57 Classics and these Seymour Duncan/Orange capacitor thing, but the Slash Epi sound like "it's kicking the door in", if I can make any sense... somebody could say it has "bite", but I don't know what that is.

Slash handwrite signature crowns the whole package. Only thing I miss is the Slash's top hat, where the unique sound comes. ;-))

I wish I could personally thank Slash for this affordable and very top quality guitar, that he is in. And of course the guys in Epiphone built it and they deserve a gratitude too. Definitely a lifetime keeper.

[thumbup]

US$ 1200 ??

This is a joke [crying]

Okay, we may have had our differences in the past (I didn't take it too seriously, no worries), but for once I actually agree with you!

That's a tad pricey. I just hope they put good fretwire on it.

I was just visiting in my local music store today and I came home with this... [omg]

I really didn't expect to see signed guitar here in Finland. I'm still trying to recover from this surprise.

anaconda_zpsp3ksayec.jpg

pickups1_zpsmpb73wt0.jpg

signed_zpsewmfumab.jpg

Beautiful guitar. Congratulations!

Archived