Gibson Brands Forums

For BBG ... the follow up, The Ship Song ..

EuroAussie

Had a good day at work today, so got musical on a Tuesday.

BBG was keen for The Ship Song as a follow up the the Weeping Song, so had a quick crack at it.

Same set up, but got the Dove out for a fly tonite, not sure if it was the best choice, maybe it was a bit too powerful.

I think this effort is OK, i can still do the vocals better and probably with a genler guitar, but hey, its Tuesday eve ...

Hope you enjoy it nevertheless.

cheers,

EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HmfYIxP00

I liked that! I think I prefer the previous cover, but you did a good job on this one too. The first one was darker and more haunting, which is always a plus in my book. Makes me curious to hear more Nick Cave songs.

Lars

Hey Lars , get your hands on ‘the boatmans call’ or my personal favourite ‘no more shall we part’

Busy anything after the boatmans call release date it magical , if you like grim brooding miserable stuff ...

His older stuff is also brilliant but less accessible

I have a feeling you’ll like him though

Hey Lars , get your hands on ‘the boatmans call’ or my personal favourite ‘no more shall we part’

Busy anything after the boatmans call release date it magical , if you like grim brooding miserable stuff ...

His older stuff is also brilliant but less accessible

I have a feeling you’ll like him though

I would also add Let Love In from 20 years ago, and also the recent Throw The Sky Away. The two that BBG mentioned are also classics, No More Shall We Part if a bit of a fan favourite, sad, dark, mesmerising.

Perfect for long, dark Nordic winters.

Thanks for listening fellas. I played it out last night, and .... it didnt get any reaction, so there you go ... !

I would also add Let Love In from 20 years ago, and also the recent Throw The Sky Away. The two that BBG mentioned are also classics, No More Shall We Part if a bit of a fan favourite, sad, dark, mesmerising.

Perfect for long, dark Nordic winters.

Thanks for listening fellas. I played it out last night, and .... it didnt get any reaction, so there you go ... !

Sounds like my gig

Archived