Gibson Brands Forums

"Borsalino" x 4

BluesKing777

I have TE's version in TAB, but I saw the other 3 on Youtube!

For your interest:

Borsalino, Tommy Emmanuel:

Borsalino, Chet Atkins:

Borsalino, Claude Bolling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKnEgUmdCtI

And to round it out, Borsalino, Henry Mancini:

BluesKing777.

Ha! It's a song about a hat, after all.

I can remember my father buying a Borsalino fedora in Italy when we were there in about 1955. It came in this cool wedge-shaped box, and you rolled it up to store it. Made of rabbit fur, and cost a lot of money even in post-war Italy.

Wonder whatever became of that one? I "inherited" (read: "liberated") several of my father's hats, which I wore for years. Guess I'm more like the old man was than I like to admit.

Hard to choose between those performances. They're all great.

Ha! It's a song about a hat, after all.

I can remember my father buying a Borsalino fedora in Italy when we were there in about 1955. It came in this cool wedge-shaped box, and you rolled it up to store it. Made of rabbit fur, and cost a lot of money even in post-war Italy.

Wonder whatever became of that one? I "inherited" (read: "liberated") several of my father's hats, which I wore for years. Guess I'm more like the old man was than I like to admit.

Hard to choose between those performances. They're all great.

Thanks Nick!

Didn't know that. I assumed it was some guitarist trying to make his tune sound exotic.... :mellow:

I better tell my younger sister - she has taken a night class all this year in hat making! Her hats are looking great, but there is a measurement problem somewhere because they are ending up too small.....only model is her little dog, Sammy:

LeYp9mdh.jpg

Now, my dog has offered to take any of her hat mistakes - send them over! Look what she has done to this hat: ...and the garden irrigation system and the dog toys and ...the...everything

g5Lzc6Ah.jpg

Caught red-handed!:

lVHzqtmh.jpg

BluesKing777.

Thanks Nick!

Didn't know that. I assumed it was some guitarist trying to make his tune sound exotic.... :mellow

BluesKing777.

I was being a bit flip. It's actually the title tune from a French gangster movie, but the name of the movie (and the song) is taken from the fancy fedoras that gangster types always seem to wear in French (and American) gangster movies.

Think Bogart.

My father always looked cool in the Borsalino and wide lapel suits he wore when he was in his civvies. Most of the time when I was a kid living on military bases he just wore his uniform, and looked like everyone else.

I wish I had that hat. I wore another one of his hats for years in college, until it finally fell apart.

Archived