Gibson Brands Forums

1956 LP junior P90 pickup & internal components??

dcfb2360

Trying to replicate a Gibson 1956 LP Junior via an Epiphone LP Special 1. Obv it's not going to be exactly the same but it's a fun project & it's fun to upgrade cheap guitars. I'm trying to answer the following questions:

-What specific P90 bridge pickup is in the Gibson '56 LPJ? What alnico magnet (2, 3, 5...? Idk) does it use & what's the output level?

-What pots & pot values did the '56 LPJ use? (Did they use a particular brand? What values were the volume & tone pots?)

-What kind of capacitor is in the '56 LPJ? Cornell Dubilier or something else?

Any help anyone could give me would be really appreciated. If you know of anywhere else besides the Gibson forum that might be of help, please let me know. Thank you!

• 1 year later...

Trying to replicate a Gibson 1956 LP Junior via an Epiphone LP Special 1. Obv it's not going to be exactly the same but it's a fun project & it's fun to upgrade cheap guitars. I'm trying to answer the following questions:

-What specific P90 bridge pickup is in the Gibson '56 LPJ? What alnico magnet (2, 3, 5...? Idk) does it use & what's the output level?

-What pots & pot values did the '56 LPJ use? (Did they use a particular brand? What values were the volume & tone pots?)

-What kind of capacitor is in the '56 LPJ? Cornell Dubilier or something else?

Any help anyone could give me would be really appreciated. If you know of anywhere else besides the Gibson forum that might be of help, please let me know. Thank you!

Pots in 1956 LP JR. were Centralab volume was 500k and tone was 250k with either a Sprague "bumblebee" or "grey tiger" wax cap.

Archived