Gibson Brands Forums

Vintage Gibson watches Help

Razor D

As a first time poster and a lover of guitars,and all things music, I have 3 vintage Gibson watches. I've done extensive research to no avail. I'm interested in the origins of these classic timepieces. Any information would be appreciated.Having trouble uploading pictures. Still trying to figure it out any interest I can text or email I know that they are from 2008 these are luxury custom watches not the cheapest shaped like guitars I'm going to do my best to get pictures uploaded

I'm trying every way I can still cannot figure out how to get pictures to upload these watches are beautiful unlike anything you've ever seen before they are Swiss Movement 50m waterproof all stainless steel and have the lightning bolt second hand

Hello and welcome..

To post images you need to upload them to a picture hosting site and copy the link it gives you directly in to your post (don't use the insert media button).. a lot of us are using https://imgur.com/ if you use that copy the BB Code it gives you.

Meanwhile is this what you are talking about? Fancy.. :)

Um44m2W.jpg

Theres an article about them here

http://www.musicradar.com/news/gibson-announces-25k-les-paul-inspired-watch

No sir that's not it mine are from 2008. They are not little GP guitar looking watches they have Swiss Movement 50m waterproof they are all stainless steel they are very luxurious watches I'm going to do my best to get these pictures posted I have spent hours online and have not found any information or pictures like them they are very unique I have called the Gibson guitar shops nobody has a clue and as I am from Nashville very surprising I even called Gibson Guitar Company they said they didn't have anything in the archives these watches are very unique

Hi, these are legit and nice timepieces but are not quite up to the fancy level as the one posted by Rabs. These were part on a one-time purchase and distributed by our Gibson Gear division roughly 8-9 years ago.

By the way during my search I found these obvious fakes.. Have you seen these awful looking things?

https://www.amazon.com/Wristwatches-Leather-USFSL145-Gibson-Guitar/dp/B0183MJRKK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1512239307&sr=8-3&keywords=gibson+guitar+watch

https://www.amazon.com/HSS050-Gibson-Guitars-Instrument-Sport/dp/B010O7UJLS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512239307&sr=8-4&keywords=gibson+guitar+watch

Yes I have seen those they're little cheapies nothing like my watches I have I will get some more pictures of the back where it shows stainless steel 50m water resistant Swiss Movement and these watches are very heavy you can tell they are quality the one with the leather straps actually has Gibson printed along the back all the way down both straps and the one with the leather straps has mother of pearl inlay in the center on the face of the watch

Yes I have seen those they're little cheapies nothing like my watches I have I will get some more pictures of the back where it shows stainless steel 50m water resistant Swiss Movement and these watches are very heavy you can tell they are quality the one with the leather straps actually has Gibson printed along the back all the way down both straps and the one with the leather straps has mother of pearl inlay in the center on the face of the watch

Who actually made the watches? Is there a makers name or just Gibson all over it?

I have looked on the outside and have not seen manufacturers name but two of them do have the lightning bolt second hand which is common for Rolex I'm scared to open them up but I'm going to to see if I can't find manufacturer's name was hoping that the Gibson Guitar custom or service guy might have more information or a link would like to know if they held their value went up or down I gave around $700 just for one of these

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 7:16 AM, The gibson. said:

Anyone else have one? 1 of 100. This is #1

From the 2017 pic above those watches appear (hard to see) to have "Swiss Movement" on their faces.  For your #1 of 100 watch is there anything  on the back that gives any hints about a Swiss pedigree (or anything at all for that matter)?  Did you buy it new?

I have a Mondaine pocket watch made in Switzerland and I bought it when I was there. Why on earth would I want a Gibson watch. Is Gibson famous for Chocolate and watches . . . nope.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper