Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson USA sub-forums

brad1

Maybe they can put it back to the way it was.

With respect....they wouldn't have changed it if they were going to do that.

Changes I've noticed so far:

- "All Access" is the group beneath your avatar. But.....

- NO access to Gibson/Epiphone Lounges without signing in. Protected Forum.

- 'Sub-forums' merged.

- 'Trading Post' deleted.

- Any/all posts which might be considered offensive, controversial, political etc get deleted and thread locked/removed. Not such a change there then.

- Notice too the 'DELETE' button so you can remove your own posts from view - you are asked for a reason why, and mods can still see it.

Happy Xmas everybody BTW.

As Sparq might say....ok, I'm gonna shut up now.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh great. Now we have a Chinese made fake Gibson forum. Loved the subcategories. Hate the lack thereof. It's pretty bad.

As a judge once declared when he looked over my driving record, "Bysmal, just bysmal!"

It was all I could do to keep out from blurting out "A-bysmal or Pepto-Bysmal"?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like our well voiced points have and will continue to fall on deaf ears. How much money do you think is or was saved by doing this forum reorganization? It has to be a money thing otherwise they wouldn't have touched it. Before the changes regardless of traffic and usage in the individual sub forums, everything was separated,organized and discover able for a user looking for information or to contribute. Even slow sections that weren't getting the usage most likely had the biggest and most informative/ sought after threads sitting at the top easily found and accessible for a new member or users troubleshooting ... If it aint broke , don't fix it

Archived