Gibson Brands Forums

SG Stamped Truss Rod Covers

MrNylon

Is there anyway to acquire SG Stamped Truss Rod Covers, for the SG Std. Basses from Gibson? Why was the production of the SG Stamped Truss Rod Covers stopped? It just looks bit classy on a $1300.00 Gibson. You sure pander enough to Les Paul guitars, for parts.

If nothing else buy a 2 ply cover and have it engraved. I would guess Gibson might be the only source, you could get an SG guitar truss rod cover for it.

I THINK they are the same size, but you may want to be sure.

I would email Gibson and see what they say.

Is there anyway to acquire SG Stamped Truss Rod Covers, for the SG Std. Basses from Gibson? Why was the production of the SG Stamped Truss Rod Covers stopped? It just looks bit classy on a $1300.00 Gibson. You sure pander enough to Les Paul guitars, for parts.

Would an Epiphone SG truss rod cover like the one in the link fit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/132416335277

Here's another, but a bit pricey:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/162785708131

Those are different than the Gibson cover. Gibson has 2 screw holes, and the lower screw has a little "tab" that the screw goes through

and the bottom is not flat like the Epi cover.

post-11926-004889000 1512762805_thumb.jpg

Are the covers different on a 6 string compared to the Bass? Being new to all of this, I had no idea of the differences. Seemed that they were using 3 screws on the guitars I saw being manufactured when I toured the Memphis factory. Of course they don't make SG's there.

If nothing else buy a 2 ply cover and have it engraved. I would guess Gibson might be the only source, you could get an SG guitar truss rod cover for it.

I THINK they are the same size, but you may want to be sure.

I would email Gibson and see what they say.

The original SG cover is a 2 ply. White bottom, Black top. because then, I think they just etched, or laser cut out the SG lettering through the top black coat.

gFZVTSJ.jpg

Archived