Gibson Brands Forums

Sold Three Instruments to buy 2 Used Epiphones

hollowdan

My first of two new to me-- a 2002 Unsung factory in Korea Emperor Joe Pass:

Hardly a scratch. I just pulled the Gibson clear plastic off of the pickups. The case is immaculate. I think this guitar was unplayed and sat on a stand, thus a bit of tarnish. I plays with loud acoustic volume and sounds sweet plugged in.

I will need to redo intonation right away. I am going to fit with flat wounds.

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Gorgeous!

What did you sell?

I sold a USA 2001 Fender Strat, an Ibanez AG75 and a USA Breedlove Mandolin oval hole A style. I love these guitars and they sound really good plugged into my Classic 30 tube amp. The only thing may be tuners for the JP. The Riviera has mods-- tuners, switch and pickups. I love the look, tone and feel of these guitar. I play a guild and a martin both vintage guitars, but I am considering singing and playing with my Emperor. I want to get input on tuners that would fit and a set of flatwound strings that would stay tuned and give me a lot of tone-- fullness.

Lovely guitar!

Something wrong with the tuners?

Thomastik-Infeld flat wounds are superb and long-lasting, D'Addario also....

Best wishes, Happy Xmas!

Not necessarily. I was just thinking if something could drop right in... Well, I think the first step would be the nice flat wounds and go from there. These guitars are very nice. I know Jazz players put them below Eastman, but man I can't see how. The tone, action, and pickups all surprise me. It is a 2000ish MIK (Unsung factory). Thanks for the recommendation.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely guitar!

Something wrong with the tuners?

Thomastik-Infeld flat wounds are superb and long-lasting, D'Addario also....

Best wishes, Happy Xmas!

The tuners are working out fine, stock. I put some 11-49 strings with a wound G on and it is staying in pitch quite nicely. Sounds warm and full, too. Thanks again!

Archived