Gibson Brands Forums

ES-125 TDC Original?

Drew1

I'm about to buy this 1967 ES-125 TDC. I thought the Gibson hollow bodied guitars only had floating bridges but doing some research on the 1967, it looks like it might have come stock with TOM bridge for 67' & '68 since I saw more images with TOM bridge than the floating wood bridges. I pulled the pickups to take a look at the wiring & pickups. They are original, no spices. I see there was wood added under the screws where the P90's mount but not under the bridge so that made me suspicious that the bridge was added later. Searched all over & couldn't find any spec's for 1967 so I'm asking for some help here, hopefully someone knows... Thankscarver6990@gmail.com

I'm about to buy this 1967 ES-125 TDC. I thought the Gibson hollow bodied guitars only had floating bridges but doing some research on the 1967, it looks like it might have come stock with TOM bridge for 67' & '68 since I saw more images with TOM bridge than the floating wood bridges. I pulled the pickups to take a look at the wiring & pickups. They are original, no spices. I see there was wood added under the screws where the P90's mount but not under the bridge so that made me suspicious that the bridge was added later. Searched all over & couldn't find any spec's for 1967 so I'm asking for some help here, hopefully someone knows... Thankscarver6990@gmail.com

I tried attaching a URL for Photobucket but it didn't work...

Bumping, hope someone has info or could direct me to a website that could help. Thanks

Archived