Gibson Brands Forums

Just a little bit of glue....

J-200 Koa

Looks like someone did a Pete Townshend on that one.

I note the seller says it will be "packed very well for shipping." Why bother?

What do you think? Maybe the revenge of a scorned lover.

He's gonna own it for a long time at that price. Doesn't matter what it cost new. It will never be worth more than a fraction of the original cost.

It's a shame, but he's dreaming.

Pitiful. Judging by the beat up appearance of the finish, this Hummingbird’s had a rough life before the catastrophic event. The listing deserves the backstory. Curious that it’s case is not included. Does that rule out a drunken mishap? On the plus side, the repairability of the ebony finish (a solid black finish should be easier than trying to re do a Gibson sunburst), and all of the reports of glued repairs being stronger than the wood, could bode very well for this guitar looking good and making music once again.

Not worth half of the ask, but at least seller promises to pack very well for shipping.

What do you think? Maybe the revenge of a scorned lover.

Classic Fudux delivery result, my guess! No case included because that was a plain jane Gubson case not correct for flight and is splinters after being caught between destinations shutes until someone at head office monitoring 3,500 miles away in Memphis hub saw it on the screens after lunch..... Hiscox flight case would have saved the guitar, but someone was determined to smash it to smithereens so it may have just been a grumpy Monday morning Fudux worker hate guitar smash em thing some of them have....

Or

Of course, the next ex wife of the time.

Or

My luthier said the most broken guitars he gets to repair are from people leaving them on the chair/couch and grabbing a beer/dinner/smoke/chips etc from the kitchen and coming back and.....forgetting guitar is there and. .........sitting on poor guitar! You know, not much left of the Bird with big fat guy/girl sitting on it.

Or

Owner of guitar lent it to Barry. Don,t EVER lend your guitar to Barry. [mellow]

BluesKing777.

Yeah, definitely Barry.

Who's Barry?

Barry?

You know, you take your car to the best and most trusted but very expensive mechanic, but he is away on leave for 3 months and your car is fixed/made worse by ......Barry.

You take your guitar to the best luthier/guitar tech in town and he has gone hiking the Matterhorn and your set, new nut, saddle, pickup is done by, and may never recover from.....Barry.

You go to the best dentist you know but a piece of tooth is hanging off, only to find the good dentist has moved to Hawaii and the only dentist available is..... [mellow] [mellow] [mellow]

And the builder wants to know who fixed the plumbing last time before the ‘episode’........ [mellow]

And the local council wants to know who approved the plans for the 35 storey building on the zoned wetland? [cursing]

And you go steaming into the guitar shop to ask who the @#@#@$ did the setup and new pickup on your guitar after it failed to work at the big gig last night.........?...Guess who?

And.......get the pic?

BluesKing777.

That is pretty darned funny, BK. I've met Barry.

Barry worked on my old Porsche for a couple of years back in the 1980's. I became somewhat suspicious when I picked up the car after it had been worked on and discovered an extra 200 miles on the odometer, and an empty six-pack in a paper bag behind the seats.

The heartstopper is when you are leaving the band gig and everyone else has left, and you get in your car to see your amp but no prized Strat case in the back seat - before the days of cells/mobile phones .......

After an awful night, you at last contact another band member and then get on to the roadie, who replies to your distressed screams: “No, Barry was putting your guitar in your car - I was busy, so asked.............”

“@#@#$@#&***((. @#$#$. $#$#&$# [cursing] [cursing] [cursing] #@#@#$#$ No-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOO!” [scared] [scared]

BluesKing777.

Archived