Gibson Brands Forums

Question about for sale instruments

rbpicker

1600 dollars is about 1200 pounds so it's hardly the bargain of the century Sal ? Unless I'm misisng something ...?

No offence to the OP ... best of luck with the sale

Grunt that is a good price around me.... or fair anyways. Here are listings on Reverb.... $1590 seems pretty good for a 2016... Next best priced one is over $200 higher.

https://reverb.com/marketplace/acoustic-guitars?query=Gibson%20J45&condition=used&year_min=2010&year_max=2020&sort=price%7Casc&page=

And if one is buying from RB, they can be sure they guitar is taken care of.... not all used guitars are.

I just amended my post and emailed him. I am going to try and trade for the LG2 AE I just bought since he says he is moving to smaller bodies. Lets see if karma has this guitar come to me :)

Grunt that is a good price around me.... or fair anyways. And if one is buying from RB, they can be sure they guitar is taken care of.... not all used guitars are.

I just amended my post and emailed him. I am going to try and trade for the LG2 AE I just bought since he says he is moving to smaller bodies. Lets see if karma has this guitar come to me :)

Er ... my lg2 ??!!

very different sound grunt. the Martin is fuller. it has "that Martin sweet sound". The LG2 is quieter and drier.... I know this is cliche....

That is a VERY tough call.

In an ideal world I’d change the Martin for a D18

My j45 is my favourite noise in the world , but I like to have something else here to play with ya know

But D18’s are just beyond budget

Everything’s behind budget to be honest.

I am not looking for sympathy when I say this... but sometimes life is tough. folks around me are all getting sick and worse. We all experience this I think - or most of us. Life is short.

Wow. Now I am depressed.

Oh don’t I know it

No matter what I say on here I know I’m doing alright thank ya very much

Don’t get depressed Sal !!

I am not looking for sympathy when I say this... but sometimes life is tough. folks around me are all getting sick and worse. We all experience this I think - or most of us. Life is short.

Wow. Now I am depressed.

it's all in the glass Sal.. it's either half empty or half full.

Got some terrible news myself this weekend. one of my sons friends since elementary school, who has had it pretty rough lately with substance abuse had a turn for the worse.

In the last year + he seemed to FINALLY get him self on the right roads, looked like he hasn't looked in 15 years, he has a daughter around 10 that he worships, from a previous relationship. He found a nice girl and they seemed to be a great fit.. he really seemed to be in the process of starting over, and this time, just may be,, was gonna make it work..

He got jumped by five guys last week, (and it would have taken five, he was a body builder and had gotten back on track, he was in great condition.) a head injury resulted from this attack, a bad one, they were not sure how it would work out for him..

he passed away Saturday... he was 37..... we know the entire family.. can't imagine how they are coping right now.

it's the Glass Sal...

Archived