Gibson Brands Forums

Educate me re. my guitar, please?

Herbin

I'll look it up, but I believe that that is some variation of an Epiphone ES903 Sorrento.

(I say variation because the re-issued Sorrentos were discontinued in 2000.)

The pickups don't look like the mid-1990's models, but things do evolve, this much is true.

I'll dig around and see what model that is!

[unsure]

Thank you. I tried to match it with hollow body guitars posted on epi's site, but there's always a difference. Shape, switch, etc. The guitar dater site only provide date and place it was made.

Again, thanks. I really appreciate it.

Cheers

That does not look like any known Epiphone to me. I think somebody put an Epiphone Vibratone tailpiece and perhaps an Epiphone neck onto a body made by someone else. Do you have any pictures of the back of the body/neck joint?

ES 135 or 175 ? maybe ?

Is the manufacturing "sticker" still in place ? Look through 1 of the "f" hole things to see if 1 is still there , or evidence such as a "witness mark" , or something , where a "sticker" thing may have been , at 1 time . If nothing is evident , then , what Parabar has written above, most likely , in my own humble opinion. That thing does look relatively quite ok as is , to myself , actually :)

So I looked up samick guitar models since my guitar is made there, according to the dater site.

Samick has a model Royale RL3 that is strikingly similar. Maybe theyuse the body and put Epiphone neck, vibrato etc, much like what Parabar said earlier.

Archived