Gibson Brands Forums

Rocky Mountain Rocker

SocProf

Hello and greetings from Denver! My name is Tony. My day job is being a professor of sociology. My hobby is recording music in my home studio and occasionally performing live. I am a big fan of 70s style progressive rock: Yes, Genesis, King Crimson, Camel, ELP, PFM, Rush (borderline prog at least), The Flower Kings, Glass Hammer, Monarch Trail, etc.

My first decent guitar was an Epiphone Les Paul Standard I bought in 1998. I liked the tone, but never liked the feel of the single cutaway. Now that I'm old enough for a midlife crisis, I decided it was time to get what I really want: a Gibson SG. American Musical Supply had a great deal on a 2017 SG Faded T in worn brown, so I made it happen.

So far, I'm totally digging this guitar. I play through a Zoom G5n multi-effect. I tried various clean and overdriven amp models, and kept getting gorgeous tones. I look forward to recording with it this summer. [Just tried to upload a picture, but the file was too big.]

Rock on Tony and welcome to this forum, the standard is nice nice selection. I had 2. Actually my son was going to sell his custom and I asked how much so he gave it to me. Then later he wants to get back playing again so I asked if he wanted his back? No! He traded my Epiphone Standard so I still have my Gibson and his Custom. Nice to have you join. msp_thumbup.gif

Archived