Gibson Brands Forums

Hi all

David251

Hi my name is David. I live in Wilmington NC. I'm new to playing guitar on an off about 5 year's. I have a Epiphone Dr 100 very hard to play so I googled how to adjust it did it to day and it's a dream to play now. Look forward to talking to everyone and getting info. I'm low budget so all the help I can get is greatly appreciated. Thanks David

Thanks for the welcome. My question is how do you get your wife to let y'all buy so many guitars? Just kidding, I've just started to learn and I was at the store and strummed a dove and hummingbird and fell in love with both. The wife just shook her head. Look forward to asking questions and learning here. Thanks again. David

Thanks for the welcome. My question is how do you get your wife to let y'all buy so many guitars? Just kidding, I've just started to learn and I was at the store and strummed a dove and hummingbird and fell in love with both. The wife just shook her head. Look forward to asking questions and learning here. Thanks again. David

Well, I have a cat, instead...[biggrin] .

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Epiphone!

They do get under your skin, so you'll just have to prepare her for several more additions to the family.

Try learning her favorite song or one you used to listen to when you were courting, it's amazing how much leeway some of that soppy nonsense can buy you [thumbup] . (Disclaimer: I'm 53 and single again!) [biggrin]

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the welcome. My question is how do you get your wife to let y'all buy so many guitars?

What I did was promise to buy my wife jewelry that she liked every time I bought a guitar. I usually ended up paying double the price of every guitar I bought by this approach,

but my wife became (and still is) very supportive of my buying every guitar that I bought! Such is life! Sometimes she even would ask me to buy a guitar so she could add to her jewelry collection!😄

Seriously!

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Ps. Welcome to the forum!

David, I've been married almost 30 years and I still get the "look" when I talk about another guitar! lol

I am also low budget, not so much that I can't afford more, just that I won't.

I find a lot of amazing guitars being made these days in the budget range.

I found the Epiphone Pro series guitars to be very good for the money.

I just bought a Hummingbird Pro and am very happy with it.

If you don't mind the color, you can get a new black Hummingbird Pro for $100 less.

You did good making your guitar more playable. The easier it is to play the more a guy wants to play.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi , Hey , hi , can you post a link to what you may have viewed to find out how to adjust your guitar :) cool beans :)

I'm not sure where the OP went, but if you will search Youtube for videos on how to adjust your acoustic guitar set-up, you will find a treasure trove of good info. Everything from adjusting the neck to nut and saddle work.

Good luck

Hi my name is David. I live in Wilmington NC. I'm new to playing guitar on an off about 5 year's. I have a Epiphone Dr 100 very hard to play so I googled how to adjust it did it to day and it's a dream to play now. Look forward to talking to everyone and getting info. I'm low budget so all the help I can get is greatly appreciated. Thanks David

I had an Epiphone DR-100 years ago. I loved playing that guitar! Unfortunately, it was stolen in a house burglary. Now I'm playing an Epi SST Classic and I absolutely love it!

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome David. Glad to have another David on the forums. lol

You choice for a first guitar was a good one. If you stick with it,

that one will become what I call a "beach" guitar. One you wouldn't mind taking to the beach.

I just bought my first electric, a Sheraton Pro II, in more than 40 years. Have had various acoustic one and am looking

at the Hummingbird to replace the "Conn". Seems to have developed at buzz I cannot get rid of.

I'll work on some more though.

What surprised me was when my wife asked which guitar I was looking to buy. When you treat your spouse right

pick your timing, and start a guitar fund, you'll find you will have a nice collection if that's what you want.

Good luck and look forward to reading your posts.

Rev. David

David,

Welcome to the forum.

One reason I am an Epiphone guy is the variety of guitars they offer from the humble(but very capable DR 100) to the Masterbilt line. As you will see from my profile, I have (and have had) many instruments, including some high end ones (Gibson, Guild and Martin) but I keep coming back to Epiphone. My maple DR 500P is my go to instrument.

Good luck with your playing and you did well to get the action right...it'll inspire you to practice.

Archived