Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson LPJ

rednefceleb

Are these basic Gibson LPJ's as playable as I hear? I like 498 and 490 pups. I like their look. Thanks.

you get a pretty decent guitar for less than what gibson usually charges for their stuff. you can get equally good guitars for less money if you go with other brands, especially if you are willing to mod them. but if you see an lpj you like, and can get it at a good price, you'll get a good, reliable guitar. of course it won't measure up to a standard or something like that, but it's about a quarter or less of the cost, too.

you get a pretty decent guitar for less than what gibson usually charges for their stuff. you can get equally good guitars for less money if you go with other brands, especially if you are willing to mod them. but if you see an lpj you like, and can get it at a good price, you'll get a good, reliable guitar. of course it won't measure up to a standard or something like that, but it's about a quarter or less of the cost, too.

The LPJs were decent guitars, they remind me of the current studio faded models. They aren’t much for looks but they sound good.

Archived