Gibson Brands Forums

songwriter deluxe standard EC

uncle fester

Hi all,

I was looking at the Songwriter Deluxe Standard ec (cutaway) in the darker burst color. I was checking for used models on Reverb / eBay, and there was only one available (in Japan). I thought maybe it was because it was a new release, but the one on eBay was a 2010. That seems long enough to have a few of these around.

Does anyone know why there aren't any other used ones available anywhere? Thanks for any input.

An update everybody, just heard back from Wildwood guitars and Gibson has discontinued the songwriter deluxe standard version. Maybe the reason there aren't many out there isn't because folks bought them and they liked them, but that folks never bought them in the first place. Too bad - it's a fine looking guitar in my opinion.

An update everybody, just heard back from Wildwood guitars and Gibson has discontinued the songwriter deluxe standard version....

Oh well. I typically buy used anyway, like this 2006 Songwriter Studio Deluxe 12-string that's on its way across the country to me!

swsd03.jpg

Oh well. I typically buy used anyway, like this 2006 Songwriter Studio Deluxe 12-string that's on its way across the country to me!

swsd03.jpg

Wow - and a very merry Christmas to you!!! I'll keep my eyes posted on the used front, just nothing out there right now. Good luck to a speedy delivery and enjoy your new family member!

People like 'em and keep 'em?

Yup...I am one of those.

20171008_010602.jpg

I like it how they made with less plastic. Got Maple wood (I believe) as binding all around,not the white plastic.Real MOP on Fingerboard inlay.Say goodbye to mustache bridge.Adirondack spruce as bracing while the top still using Sitka spruce.This model is probably one that has compound radius fretboard just like Gibson Les paul.

Edited by jimmyboy

• 4 years later...

I realize this is an old post, however I do have an opinion as an owner of the songwriter ec custom deluxe burst.

Beautiful sounding, playing, looking guitar designed and built by Ren Ferguson / Gibson. I have owned this guitar for many years and don't know of any others of this particular model. I have seen a number of the songwriter deluxe guitars around but the owners aren't interested in parting ways with them.

Keep looking and grab one if you can, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck.

19 hours ago, Luvmygibbys said:

Keep looking and grab one if you can, I don't think you'll be disappointed. Good luck.

A songwriter deluxe standard will, at some point, be my next acquisition. Apparently I will be most likely buying it used.