Gibson Brands Forums

Axcess in white/nickel

spacedace2000

I am very curious about this. I just picked up my unicorn...which is 2014 Axcess in white with the floyd rose and nickel hardware. These have been very hard to find without the gold hardware, but I was able to acquire. Other than the serial number, is there a known amount of how many were made with this combo, or is that kind of ridiculous to keep track of? I had a hard time tracking this down when they were new, but over the years I have seen about 3 pop up for sale. Even photos have been few and far between.

post-31089-015863900 1514061909_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't help you as to the numbers produced, but will say yours is the first I can recall every seeing with the Nickel hardware.

Yea, they are very rare, but I just didn't know how rare....I have only seen 3-4 up for sale over the years...but that doesn't mean they are the only ones. loving this guitar! With the exilirs, it plays about as effortless as it can possibly be.

Thanks! Yea, I can't say I like the gold hardware at all...Maybe when it is new, but I just don't understand it on a white guitar. I have no idea why every white LP I see has is...The nickel is def a rarity. Looks great on my Gibson coffee table too. Even the black guitars...I have that 40th anniversary black beauty from 97..I actually just swapped out all the gold for nickel 2 months back. I just think it is more sleek...I have a midnight manhattan blue w nickel as well but that only comes to life with bright lights.

post-31089-083088000 1515974284_thumb.jpg

post-31089-049796200 1515974485_thumb.jpg

post-31089-054537300 1515974498_thumb.jpg

Archived