Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson lp studio floyd rose : the heel and review

lolo_guitar

hi

61K-3P2PCaL._SL1500_.jpg

when i wanted a new LP +floyd rose

to change the horrible Epiphone LP pro fx cos except this really powerful tone as a loud (weight ) guitar

this model has an

- (horrible sound with my new Gibson pickups (not stock) = the dark clean tone is like some EMG's or worst lol

- bad tremolo (cheap) with hard tuning problems with the years : the strings were ejected too :))`

but this cheap floyd rose special was very fun to play with cos the sensation was very soft ( not a hard tremolo bar like the others)

i had found this beautiful lp studio floyd rose: what ? a real and new Gibson lp for me ! my first one

i was so excited ! the price was not so low so i waited for a great guitar !

the color was beautiful

the pickups were good enough for blues to heavy metal

- the floyd rose has not any problems

So, what where the problems ?

- lack of sustain

i suppose that the sustain block was cheap cos the sustain was not important (vs a Satriani model for example which is just in basswood but with a edge pro which is better for the sustain, i read that )

- the heel is horrible to play with : this boring piece of wood is a shame > LOOK AT THE PHOTO

i did not ask the new fast access heel but a decent heel = after the 15 frets

it's not a sg but who can really like to play with this f heel ? nobody

it's not confortable at all : it's more for a rhythm player

except that, the clean tone are correct (but not fantastic, not bright enough for me) lack of trebles , brightness

So, Gibson made this as a low cost :() guitar

the other option is the unattainable price of the LP axcess

hoping they will create a new model with a classic price for everybody who does not want to buy a PRS [flapper]

for next Christmas [flapper]

I will cut you some slack as it is obvious that your primary language is not English.

But what you have posting was very rude to say the least.

Lack of sustain: You want to understand why, well you cut a big chunk out of the center of a guitar that was never intend to have it heart cut out and you really wonder why. The strings are not in contact with the body anymore, that's why.

The heel is hard play around: Gibson makes the HP model with a easy access heal. Been making it for years.....seems you bought the wrong model.

Not enough highs in the pick ups: The studio comes with the classic 57 medium output pick ups.(Tho your may have the stanard490/496) but I would guess there the 57, and yes, that is what there suposta sound like. Again, if you had gotten the HP model, you would have gotten the high output modern pick ups.

With guitars, just like in life, everything is a compromise, if you want that Les Paul killer sustain, you can't have a Fender designed tremolo in it. It was never intended to have one.

I would tell you, sell this guitar and order a studio HP.

ferme ta bouche

t'es venu me faire chier dans mon profil

donc t'es signalé

tu m'as harcelé

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/140818-fender-strat-vs-lp-custom-the-duet/page__p__1903599__fromsearch__1#entry1903599

alors, shout your mouth

don't be like a smart man

you are just a troll

and i report you hoping you will be banned soon

I will cut you some slack as it is obvious that your primary language is not English.

But what you have posting was very rude to say the least.

Lack of sustain: You want to understand why, well you cut a big chunk out of the center of a guitar that was never intend to have it heart cut out and you really wonder why. The strings are not in contact with the body anymore, that's why.

The heel is hard play around: Gibson makes the HP model with a easy access heal. Been making it for years.....seems you bought the wrong model.

Not enough highs in the pick ups: The studio comes with the classic 57 medium output pick ups.(Tho your may have the stanard490/496) but I would guess there the 57, and yes, that is what there suposta sound like. Again, if you had gotten the HP model, you would have gotten the high output modern pick ups.

With guitars, just like in life, everything is a compromise, if you want that Les Paul killer sustain, you can't have a Fender designed tremolo in it. It was never intended to have one.

I would tell you, sell this guitar and order a studio HP.

itsatrap.jpg

Guest Farnsbarns

You seem to have bought a guitar which isn't suitable for you. There are models with hotter pickups available and you'll just have to decide on the compromise between sustain and having a tremolo. The heal has been about the same for 65 years but you can get the axcess heal if you're struggling with it.

Well I am sorry you feel this way.

I was trying to answer your questions in a strait forward way to help most translation programs put into the language you speak.

The subtlety of the English do not translate well sometimes, so I was talking direct and to the point to help the program.

I will not be responding to you any further.

Have a nice day.

Well I am sorry you feel this way.

I wouldn't worry about that lolo guy, I think he is the only one who will be getting banned around here as I read his rants on a couple of other threads. 99 per cent of the people on this forum are decent guitar loving people who enjoy discussing instruments, music and a variety of other subjects in a respectful and often humourful way, unlike the original poster of this thread.

Hi Cody, I'm gonna step in to defend LoLo a bit here mate (Devil's advocate perhaps)...I think this might stem more from the other thread where the new guy Jeffytune put up one of those %£€#%'g Star Trek things after LoLo's (probably most coherent ever) post in what seems to be a misjudgment. He has apologised since which is cool. Unfortunately this was followed up with this thread here. Now when I read the first 3 paras of the initial reply to LoLo I can imagine it translating badly into French as possibly sanctimonious and patronising, (in actual fact it does in Australian translation too) and I don't read it as "helping a translation program", facilitating that "the subtlety of the English do not translate well sometimes" (?), or "I was talking direct and to the point to help the program" - again I can't see that in the first 3 paragraphs mentioned, they seemed to be playing the man at least as much as the ball.

I'll probably cop a bit for this, but I can certainly bear it, and am not in any way claiming to be without fault [biggrin] ...I think LoLo has gotten overly upset but could be cut some slack this time.I actually don't think he's a troll though his posts do seem to suffer in translation regularly, but then I didn't think that other guy was a troll either - just strongly opinionated and bit back when he was bitten by others. I'm actually not sure why he was banned in the end?

Hi Scales, yeah I guess I see what you mean about lolo. I definitely think the language barrier didn't help his case much, but he did seem to go more than a little bit off the deep end with very little provocation from that new guy.

I think in the case of that 'allenjason95' guy the other week, he was just overly opinionated to the extreme which seemed to provoke a lot of other forum members and I guess that's why he got banned? I actually quite enjoyed his posts and even though he had an attitude, I found his rants rather entertaining...especially the 'was Pat Smear on or offstage with Nirvana' debate [biggrin]

the thread is about Gibson guitars: guys who can talk about guitars, music, with experience

so -1 and many :)

my thread was about Gibson lp studio floyd rose i want the Axcess

but i think it will be a dream cos the price is too high

the used model (not this year) and with the floyd rose system : it s made for people who know how to use it

i say that because it's the same than the locking tuners : there is a method

bad using can damage the guitar

some people sell guitars but they have fake experience

they write very well but they don't know how to install strings or how to use correcty a floyd rose system

i noticed that with the years

so i would prefer a brand new but the price is really too hot

hey Gibson , can you do an Axcess with a little price ? [thumbup]

les français sont aussi cons que les anglophones : maintenant, on le sait

Archived