Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt Zenith Case

Chuk

I bought the Masterbilt Century Zenith f-hole archtop, and like it a lot. BUT, I bought the case that is supposed to go with it, ZENCS, and it seems to be too thin. When you go to close the lid, it stops at least a full inch from being latched. You can mash the foam inside down in the middle of the inside lid down onto the bridge until it closes, but that doesn't seem good for the guitar. Is that what's designed to happen? Will the foam padding adapt? Am I missing something?

My suggestion is to contact the seller and inquire. Let us know what is said.

I personally bought a Masterbuilt Olympic, but decided to buy a Road Runner gig bag for it instead of the stock case for the Olympic. Lately I prefer to use gig bags when carrying a guitar to local gig or storing it.

Let us know what you learn.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Chuk , I do also have the arched top f hole Epiphone Masterbilt guitar . I do not know what ZENCS actually is referring to , maybe a guitar case manufacturer ? I did obtain the Zenith, about 2months ago , and I have played something on it every single day since then . I do have an Epiphone case that it fits into , perfectly, . It is the case that I also have kept my Epiphone Broadway in . I do not know if that may help , I do believe that particular case is the thicket/deepest one that Epiphone does manufacture and produce. I also do have some thinner cases for the Wildkats and LP's , and even the ES 335's , but the larger ones do not fit , or the ones made for Les Paul s either . Here is a few photos and a performance I did record using the Zenith guitar . It is cold here this new years evening , , with snow and some wind , so I kind of did my own rendition , looking out the window on this new years eve . If you do find a correct case , please revisit this post and peace :) always :) msp_thumbup.gif

iqL8Rdg.jpg?1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW3wF7OXs_s&feature=youtu.be

Archived