Gibson Brands Forums

Truss rod plate for LP

Dave1963

Hi all, newb here from the UK. I have a 2002 LP Traditional, which I bought secondhand. It is stunning and plays like a dream after a proper set-up. I have a minor issue though....The truss rod plate is faded so badly, all the lettering has come off. I searched high and low in the UK and had to settle for a Standard one, which looks great, but is obviously incorrect. Does anyone have any ideas where I might get a replacement from? Many thanks Dave.

Guest Farnsbarns

Therein lies the problem. Small telephone Touchscreens and fat fingers.....Its a 2012....

Thanks for spotting and correcting me. I will figure out how to use these things one day, without typing nonsense.

That's good. I thought we were about to uncover a fake.

These kinds of truss rod covers pop up from time to time on eBay & Co., such as this one. You just gotta keep looking if you want an original one.

Yeah, kinda figured that. Shame they dont post to UK, That would have been ok for me. The one I have still has the lettering visible, but it looks like the muppet who owned it before tried to clean it a bit too vigorously...

I did ask a signwriting company to take a look at it, but they wanted silly money (£150.00ish) and my hands just are not steady enough to paint it myself.

I will keep looking. I am surprised I just can't buy one from Gibson though....

Archived