Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone parts

ES335Pro

Are you looking for something specifically?

I mod and repair quite a bit, and do work for other people, so at any one time I'm usually looking for something. Guitarpartsresource.com are generally well-stocked, Allparts and WD Music also sometimes useful.

But that's aftermarket parts, you don't tend to find Epiphone parts new.

Are you looking for something specifically?

I mod and repair quite a bit, and do work for other people, so at any one time I'm usually looking for something. Guitarpartsresource.com are generally well-stocked, Allparts and WD Music also sometimes useful.

But that's aftermarket parts, you don't tend to find Epiphone parts new.

I bought a SG Special Limited to mess around with and learn how to do a setup, change tuners, nut, strings, bridge. It has a few dings and dents. I looked for a neck on eBay, pos for $60 something. The two screws and strap connectors, $10 or so. A working used SG can be found for under $90.00.

I bought a SG Special Limited to mess around with and learn how to do a setup, change tuners, nut, strings, bridge. It has a few dings and dents. I looked for a neck on eBay, pos for $60 something. The two screws and strap connectors, $10 or so. A working used SG can be found for under $90.00.

That's how it is, unfortunately. A few years ago I turned down a G400 in a charity shop (thrift store) that needed parts, because the sums didn't add up. But if you're learning to do set ups, just consider it the cost of your hobby. You'd spend a lot more if you played golf or were into classic cars! And once you can do your own set ups, you will save a fortune on tech set up and repair prices.

Archived