for external Graphics software like Quartz Composer or other 3rd party
graphics generating software.

eg. BPM, track position, song name etc... that can't be gathered from
the Mixer Midi output.

OSC would allow networking and $strings for song data

#2 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Yes, I have been thinking about it a lot of times but I haven't had time to implement it yet. Take note that via MIDI scripting you could send MIDI messages to other applications (using virtual MIDI cables). It would be interesting to get a list with all the useful info/data to send to visual applications (video, DMX lighting, ...etc.) from a DJ program.

#3 User is offline   pagnix 

• Group: All Access

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:18 AM

hi

I already use the hardware midi signals.. Working alone I like more automation and then will
have a setup for audio and GFX. Working with other DJ's / Musicians doing GFX i may not
even be in the same room or know what software they may bring. For me named OSC
data and most software I use handles that

#4 User is offline   BeatJacker 

• Group: All Access

Posted 28 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Hi Luis, It's great that you're looking at adding DMX-512 control outputs to DeckaDance! Check out videos on youtube keyworks Winter NAMM 2018 Rekordbox DMX where they demo the new version of Pioneer DJ RekordBox software (your competition!), they added DMX control with a USB-to-DMX512 output converter box product, in the demo they show you can pick from a list of hundreds of American DJ line of DMX-512 moving head and PAR stationary show lights, and they say they're adding other manufacturers. I think Pioneer DJ didn't create the ADJ lighting fixture database themselves from scratch. probably got the lighting fixture database from American DJ company. Probably you could ask someone at Gibson B2B marketing dept, to approach all the DMX lighting companies for the databases of which DMX commands to send to which brand and model of lights. The DMX-512 lighting fixture manufacturers such as ADJ would surely have these databases ready to go, since sharing it to show software makers such as Gibson, is a powerful promotional technique for them to sell more lighting fixture product.

This post has been edited by BeatJacker: 28 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

#5 User is offline   Luis Serrano 

• Group: Gibson Pro Audio

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:13 PM

Hi, it looks like that the new battlefield for dj software is the DMX world. It's really nice to see development in this area. I know that there are companies that sells lighting fixtures databases (...not only for ADJ but for all the important brands in this sector). Some years ago I thought that it was a good idea to add a full DMX section into DD but nowadays I'm not really sure about it, I have the feeling that it's better to export the important data and that a third party DMX program uses it correctly. There are really good DMX show programs out there, the problem is to create a good collaboration with one of them.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users