Gibson Brands Forums

J45 birthday year

blindboygrunt

Not even close on historical accuracy: 20-fret bound fretboard, bound soundhole, slim taper neck (by the specs), tri-burst, drop-in saddle, individual tuners.

They don't even say whether or not it is an all hide glue guitar. It had better be for that money.

You can buy a decent late-40's or early 50's J-45 for that kind of money. Or a J-45 Legend for less, if you want historical accuracy in a modern J-45.

Sheesh...

Especially dislike the gold machines and headstock decorations. Yeah, Nick, for that money I'd be trying to whittle some vintage seller down to 5K. Don't know why but bling on acoustic guitars pisses me off.

It’s close. Almost lovely. But I agree with everyone so far

Tuners are beautiful but chrome or silver would’ve been much nicer with the white buttons

Too much info on the headstock

But it’ll look nice in some dentists house when he takes it out of the case to polish or show off

I don't think a person who can afford this and is interested in the J45's 75th anniversary (gold &diamonds) would think they're getting an historically accurate reproduction. Jeep Wrangler has a 75th Anniversary Edition. No one expects that to have all the antiquated engineering and materials of the 1940s. That said, the pricing is only going to attract a handful of ersatz collectors. This is not much different than the pink J45s we were discussing a couple of weeks ago: Pure Marketing.

I don't think a person who can afford this and is interested in the J45's 75th anniversary (gold &diamonds) would think they're getting an historically accurate reproduction. Jeep Wrangler has a 75th Anniversary Edition. No one expects that to have all the antiquated engineering and materials of the 1940s. That said, the pricing is only going to attract a handful of ersatz collectors. This is not much different than the pink J45s we were discussing a couple of weeks ago: Pure Marketing.

Of course.

And I didn’t know that the j45 had a big birthday coming up

The guitar will definitely generate interest in j45’s and other gibsons

Not even close on historical accuracy: 20-fret bound fretboard, bound soundhole, slim taper neck (by the specs), tri-burst, drop-in saddle, individual tuners.

They don't even say whether or not it is an all hide glue guitar. It had better be for that money.

You can buy a decent late-40's or early 50's J-45 for that kind of money. Or a J-45 Legend for less, if you want historical accuracy in a modern J-45.

Sheesh...

It is very nice but...I agree with Nick.

Archived