Gibson Brands Forums

NGD non gibson this time

blindboygrunt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not for you - I couldn't hear no robin sing. .

Could you tell more about it all, , , the guitar and the general scene behind this unexpected development.

Thanks eminor

It’s just like I said in the first post - life’s short and every now and then I want something fresh to keep things interesting.

Would be nice to just go and buy whatever I want but I’m not a rich man so if one is coming in then one has to go out to pay for it

Seen a neil young video and took to jonesing for a Martin dread again.

Came across this one for sale so , sold mine , got cash , went and picked this one up.

And it supposedly has scalloped braces .

I like it a lot

I like it all, guitar, voice, picking, hat, and beard. It a complete package, where the total is greater than the sum of its parts! [biggrin]

I'm not familiar with the guitar model, but you can sure make it sound nice.

Lars

Cheers Lars

Beard has gone. I feel a stone lighter

Forgive me Robin ~ XS4QS28.jpg

Well, , , , the rosette started second thoughts.

Just checked the specs on this one and they look very good. Pretty close to the HD-35 isn't it.

Look forward to hear more from this dread. When is it from - the strap button tells me it wasn't born yesterday.

Forgive me Robin ~ XS4QS28.jpg

Well, , , , the rosette started second thoughts.

Just checked the specs on this one and they look very good. Pretty close to the HD-35 isn't it.

Look forward to hear more from this dread. When is it from - the strap button tells me it wasn't born yesterday.

It reminds me of the HD35 I had

Of course it’s not the same thoroughbred that it was. But it’s a cousin. Has a Martin sound for sure. MandT neck join as opposed to dovetail. Richlite fingerboard and bridge , which feel no different to the Ebony of the is one ...

Nice guitar

Slightly ‘tighter’ . Which is no bad thing as found the HD hard to tame sometimes.

Sal has already said he thinks it suits me , that’s icing on the cake.

Am enjoying it a lot.

I’ll do a few more songs for you eminor. Any requests ? 😂

Oh , and it’s 2007. Ten year old

BEAUTIFUL sounding guitar and performance, BBG!!

I was going to guess at D16RGT, my former bandmate Simon played one for many years and I loved it. I kept trying to persuade him to sell it to me but he never would! Eventually his got kabonged by baggage handlers and the top got smashed after 15yrs or so faithful service and he replaced it with an Atkin which he had built for him, but the D16RGT always sounded like “him”. This one sounds like you though! Superb guitar.

Would you marry a women, divorce her and marry her again?

I have nightmares about my ex-wife showing up on my doorstep and saying we're still married. I wake in a cold sweat and realize I've been divorced for 30 years, and have been with my second wife for 25.

But I still have trouble getting back to sleep, just in case the nightmare was real.

I do know people who have gotten divorced, and remarried each other after a few years. There's gotta be a better way.

Dylan's original recording is in an odd open A tuning.It's kind of tricky to copy the way he did it and get it sounding good.It was for me anyway.

Aha, , , as said, I'm behind with this one, but if bbg takes it in D, the open A lies, , , eeeeh open for you.

Why not go through it, flatbaroque.

2 versions would be de-double-luxe.

Archived