Gibson Brands Forums

Pickguard for Flying V 2016 Pro

Hi

Does anybody know if/where one could get a pickguard for the Flying V 2016 T Pro? (which originally comes without a pg)

And if so, is there a way to mount it without screwing holes into the body?

Greetings

Pickguard planet or the pickguardian. They both have 1000s of templates and can customize they way you want.

I'm waiting for pickguard planet to get back to me with a total, but I got a 1970 EB-0 pick guard and rear cavity cover for about $30. I'll chime in once I get them and install.

Pickguard planet or the pickguardian.

Yeah thanks, thats the thing I was looking for!

Use double sided tape if you don't want to drill, and order a pick guard with no holes if that's the case. It'll look sweet with no screws.

Hm, well I had another discussion with my bandmate the other day and we came up to the question about how this would work along with them highly reactive nitrofinish on Gibson guitars?

Maybe its just a better idea to drill holes instead? [confused]

Yeah thanks, thats the thing I was looking for!

Hm, well I had another discussion with my bandmate the other day and we came up to the question about how this would work along with them highly reactive nitrofinish on Gibson guitars?

Maybe its just a better idea to drill holes instead? [confused]

The acoustic guys don't seem to have any issues with the 3M tape and pick guards sticking to nitro, even seen some of them guys get them back off without any damage.

Johnny

Archived