Gibson Brands Forums

LG3 Instrumental

BluesKing777

I was talking about my 1959 Gibson LG3 in another thread, thought...better play it.

So I like tuning it down 2 steps and playing in E a lot but I also like putting the capo on 3 - this guitar just comes alive with country blues type things in C. Today must be the perfect humidity and temp, and I would not be surprised if that was the same conditions for conceptions - better keep playing the guitar! <_<

So I recorded a quick instrumental in C to try and capture it:

https://soundcloud.com/bk7-3/c-that2-7

s94otJAh.jpg

BluesKing777.

Sounds like "My Creole Bell".

I loved her well.

Love it !

Thanks Murph!

Yes, Creole Belle, sort of, probably way quicker...and a clanger st the end!

But I posted it because the bass on the LG3 is just perfect for that style of country blues.

BluesKing777.

Thanks KC!

My luthier said it was ‘the best guitar I had’ but I was busy checking the setup he did and I really regret not fully questioning him about that comment. Did he mean the build or the sound or the braces? He is a busy, busy man and you are encouraged to...err...go away.

BluesKing777.

That Stefan, Tom and Arlo have been pinching my stuff for years! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I still have to change my own guitar strings, while they swan around, smoking and drinking and eating while waiting for their strings to get changed for them. Not fair, is it? I mean, after all these years of string changing, I am still terrified of sticking myself with the skinny E. I just managed to change a set fully injury free!

Yes, it was a surprise to see a comment from Larry on the Soundcloud page and not here...maybe he has himself banned from these pages. Last we heard he was busy playing all over the place and hiding from all the women chasing him.....

BluesKing777.

Archived