Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How are the newer ES-339s?

#1 User is offline   maller 

• Group: All Access

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Hi everyone.

I had one of the early ES-339s (2009 Sunburst) and liked it alot. Had to sell it for $$$$.

Now, looking to pick another one up. Wondering about the new ones. They're about $1K more than 10 years ago. I can find an older, used one for around their original price, on Reverb.

Has anyone compared the new ones to the original ones? Not sure if they're better? same? worse? different? Worth $1K more? The original ones came out of the custom shop, with certification. The new ones don't. Not sure if that means anything.

Any opinions/comments welcome.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   ChristopherJ 

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:13 PM

Used or NOS. There are plenty of them available. 2009 Cherry Custom Shop for $1500. I've seen new 2016 models for $1450.

#3 User is offline   maller 

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:01 PM

View PostChristopherJ, on 09 January 2018 - 03:13 PM, said:

Used or NOS. There are plenty of them available. 2009 Cherry Custom Shop for $1500. I've seen new 2016 models for $1450.

I haven't seen NOS that low, except for the Studio models. Are the NOS any better than the original ones? I'm drawn to the fact that the original models came out of the custom shop, with COA (crazy?).

#4 User is offline   badbluesplayer 

• ZIPPER CLUBBER
  • LocationJonesborough, TN

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

They're all the same pretty much. I had an '07 model. They all came out of Memphis, they just were calling the factory "the Memphis Custom Shop" at the time. The older ones had 57 Classic pickups and "the Memphis Tone Circuit," which is horrible IMO. The new ones have Burstbuckers and I don't think they have the Memphis Tone Circuit, but I'm not sure about that.

TENNESSEE AMPLIFIER COMPANY

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users