Gibson Brands Forums

And Now For Something Completely Different....

Murph

Thanks all.

Except Sal....

Kidding, even you Sal, the Pizza was, well, frozen.

I forgot to mention that was totally unplugged with just the iPad and the Apogee about 6/7 feet back. I swear it sounds better than using the p.a. and an acoustic amp. I didn't know that until I took them down to my cabin with no electricity a few songs back and did a video.

Yea, the J-15 is going to open up very nicely it seems. I think these are a really good bang for the buck.

Thanks all.

Except Sal....

Kidding, even you Sal, the Pizza was, well, frozen.

I forgot to mention that was totally unplugged with just the iPad and the Apogee about 6/7 feet back. I swear it sounds better than using the p.a. and an acoustic amp. I didn't know that until I took them down to my cabin with no electricity a few songs back and did a video.

Yea, the J-15 is going to open up very nicely it seems. I think these are a really good bang for the buck.

I was eying one up last week murph

Went for the Martin instead to get a different noise from the j45

Figured the j15 would be a bit too similar when I’ve only room for two guitars.

I know your 45 is a rosewood so makes more sense you have the 15

But I was sorely tempted

By the way. Nice to see a man who can frame a video properly.

All you headless wonders take note here

Seeing the performance adds a bit. Easy when you’re as handsome as murph and me are maybe 😂

Went for the Martin instead

I just razz you guys about your Martins for fun.

It's kind of a hobby, actually.

My partner in the acoustic project has one of the Martin PA models with a cutaway. I played it the other night and he grabbed the mandolin, first time I played it since he bought it several months back. It's a fine playing/sounding guitar, kinda small. I think the board is Richlite, looks sorta like ebony. We've only played together plugged in since he got it, I don't think it'll hang with my Gibbys unplugged (volume wise) because of it's size.

My J-15 is louder than my J-45 unplugged.

Archived