Gibson Brands Forums: bonamassa with bigsby question - real or not - Gibson Brands Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

bonamassa with bigsby question - real or not

#1 User is offline   golffoxtrot 

• Group: All Access

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:02 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new here and perhaps about to get a new epiphone --- over here i have found a bonamassa w/bigsby for sale, online at a dealer that claims to be an authorized dealer.

They have posted some photos online, and I can't help notice that the tuners are a bit different than what I see on the epiphone site. they told me that its authentic and cannot explain the difference. The website has the normal oval shaped tuning keys, this one seems to have fancier keys. SErial number is clearly visible in the photo.

I would have emailed gibson support but there's no way to attach a photo here, can anyone comment on whether this guitar is real and some of the bonamassa LPs indeed has these tuners?

Thanks
Greg

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Pin 

• Thread Killer
  • LocationSouthend, Essex

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

I may stand corrected but I didn't think the Bonamassa was ever released with a Bigsby.

Is this just a heavily modified Epi?
GUITARS: 1978 Gibson Les Paul 25 / 50; Gibson ES345 1959 Reissue; 1974 Yamaha AE12 jazz box; Yamaha SG2000: Fender "Roland Ready" Strat; Epiphone Les Paul '56; Epiphone SG400; HK Steinberger copy; Cimar Classical.
AMPS & EFFECTS: Various effects, synths and Mesa Maverick 1 x 12.

#3 User is offline   Black Dog 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

here it is from the Epi website:

http://www.epiphone....l-Standard.aspx

The tuners are different

#4 User is offline   ChristopherJ 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Highly suspect IMO. I'd pass. At the very least the tuners are wrong. I'd say buyer beware.

#5 User is offline   Jeffytune 

• Advanced Member

Posted 10 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

Is this a new or used guitar?

The tuners are the Epiphone Rotomatic style tuners.

My link

They have been used on some of there archtops over the years, and it is possible that the previous owner swapped the out for this style.

The serial number decodes to a February 2015, so it is in the correct year range.

If it were me, I would ask the seller to pull up the pick ups and send you a photo of the bottom, they should be Gibson USA burstbuckers.

#6 User is offline   golffoxtrot 

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:16 AM

ok great thanks all, will just email support and ask if they ever shipped any of these with the rotomatic tuner keys.

I think they do look cool on it though.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users