Gibson Brands Forums

Dear Gibson:

cvansickle

This thread is for everyone to write their own letter to Gibson. Say what you will, be it a complaint, compliment, suggestion, or whatever. I'll start:

Dear Gibson:

Why are you sending guitars to your dealers without a proper setup? Today I tried a new 2018 Les Paul Classic at a local GC, and the neck bow was ridiculous. I practically needed a c-clamp to play a barre chord. And what's with these flimsy 9 gauge strings you're using? A P90 pickup was designed in a time when strings were heavier. PLEASE go back to 10s, at least on this model. I really want to buy a 2018 LP Classic, but I have yet to find one in a store that is playable.

Sincerely,

Long time Gibson player

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/36794-forum-rules/page__pid__517619#entry517619

Read the rules. This thread is stupid case closed. BTW the new Classic is awesome. Take your sob story elsewhere.

Hey Chris. Why not avoid insulting people? That's the way normal people get along in life. You've been on here a couple months and you have two hundred posts and you insult everybody you don't agree with and you haven't made a big impression and all you do is argue. "This guy's dumb, that guy's stupid." Lighten up. Try something positive. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

This thread is for everyone to write their own letter to Gibson. Say what you will, be it a complaint, compliment, suggestion, or whatever. I'll start:

Dear Gibson:

Why are you sending guitars to your dealers without a proper setup? Today I tried a new 2018 Les Paul Classic at a local GC, and the neck bow was ridiculous. I practically needed a c-clamp to play a barre chord. And what's with these flimsy 9 gauge strings you're using? A P90 pickup was designed in a time when strings were heavier. PLEASE go back to 10s, at least on this model. I really want to buy a 2018 LP Classic, but I have yet to find one in a store that is playable.

Sincerely,

Long time Gibson player

Gibson can't possibly make guitars with perfect set ups. If they could, then all the adjustable parts would not be needed. Do you expect them to be in tune too? Just talk to someone at the store and tell them you are a serous buyer but need them to do a quick set up so you can play before purchase. I'd bet they would throw in a set of stings too...

Gibson can't possibly make guitars with perfect set ups. If they could, then all the adjustable parts would not be needed. Do you expect them to be in tune too? Just talk to someone at the store and tell them you are a serous buyer but need them to do a quick set up so you can play before purchase. I'd bet they would throw in a set of stings too...

You head on into GC and ask them to do a "quick set up", let us know how that works out for you. And let us know what happened. We used to have decent conversations with you. You not swallowing all the pills in the little crinkly white cup?

rct

You head on into GC and ask them to do a "quick set up", let us know how that works out for you. And let us know what happened. We used to have decent conversations with you. You not swallowing all the pills in the little crinkly white cup?

rct

So what would you recommend? More stomping of feet and gnashing of teeth to try and get Gibson to produce guitars that magically hold the perfect set up?

They actually do have techs at GC. A simple truss rod tweak isn't akin to a refret...

So what would you recommend? More stomping of feet and gnashing of teeth to try and get Gibson to produce guitars that magically hold the perfect set up?

They actually do have techs at GC. A simple truss rod tweak isn't akin to a refret...

I mistook you for the other Chris, my bad, I apologize.

But yes, they do have techs at GC. I think we are using the words "set up" for "make playable", which I agree with. Otherwise, my "set up" is definitely not yours and vice versa. They can't "set up" the guitars for every potential buyer that walks in.

rct

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/36794-forum-rules/page__pid__517619#entry517619

Read the rules. This thread is stupid case closed. BTW the new Classic is awesome. Take your sob story elsewhere.

Hey Chris, I did read the rules and I didn't see where what he posted wasn't allowed. Maybe I missed it but you were a little harsh on the guy. Bad day?

I like to look at a guitar's potential rather than what's wrong with it off the rack, unless it's really bad. But a little neck bow, bridge height and string change isn't going to keep me from buying a guitar I love otherwise. The 2018 Classic I played at GC was pretty amazing and made me want to buy it.

I would have said, "I'll take this home right now, paying cash, after you set it up properly and show me it's a guitar worth $2,200. If not, get me one that is and I'll buy that one." And, then we'd discuss price.

ok dad

EDIT:

What's there to argue about that I don't agree with - truth? This isn't a customer support forum like the rules say. Sorry your impression of me is bad, but mine of yours is that you are pretty lame after this. Have fun being nice, moral cop.

And if you think all I contribute is negative, then read up some more dude, maybe you will see how I have been treated since day one. This isn't F'n daycare.

Asswhole

Edited by Big Bill

• 3 years later...

Gear Gibson my name is Ron I am on disability I don't know if you can help out an old man like me but I thought what the heck maybe I could ask I used to have a guitar years ago and then a young kid that was getting in trouble a lot I gave it to him he thanks me to this day it helped him stay out of trouble now I'm on disability and can't do nothing but sit around the house I was wondering if you had an old one that beat up scratched up not much good for anything but still holds a tune I would love to have it If you wanna get rid of it I don't have the money to buy one with my disability I don't make much I know you probably can't but I thought I would ask I live in Albion Michigan 675 Albion road 49224 Just in case if you have one You would make an old man like me happy if you could You make the best guitars thank you for listening God-bless be safe

1 hour ago, Ron Marshall said:

Gear Gibson my name is Ron I am on disability I don't know if you can help out an old man like me but I thought what the heck maybe I could ask I used to have a guitar years ago and then a young kid that was getting in trouble a lot I gave it to him he thanks me to this day it helped him stay out of trouble now I'm on disability and can't do nothing but sit around the house I was wondering if you had an old one that beat up scratched up not much good for anything but still holds a tune I would love to have it If you wanna get rid of it I don't have the money to buy one with my disability I don't make much I know you probably can't but I thought I would ask I live in Albion Michigan 675 Albion road 49224 Just in case if you have one You would make an old man like me happy if you could You make the best guitars thank you for listening God-bless be safe

If that story is true good on you for giving that kid a guitar, but Gibson is a business and trying to get out of debt, so you may be waiting a while . . . like forever for your free guitar.

2 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Dear Gibson:

if you send me $2,000, I promise I won't ask you for $4,000 in 2023. That's two grand you save. I would jump at the chance, myself.

Best,

Pinch

I'm sure they wont even send you a free guitar pick.

3 minutes ago, Pinch said:

I'm not asking for a guitar pick,a just two grand 😉

They got bills to pay, so I think your gonna be waiting as long as the older guy who wants a free guitar.

Wasn't there the Special Field Order, No. 15 where it states we should get 40 acres and a free guitar?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

They got bills to pay, so I think your gonna be waiting as long as the older guy who wants a free guitar.

Oh, I'm not waiting. I already wrote to the Fender CEO and asked for 2000 breadsticks.

2 minutes ago, Pinch said:

Oh, I'm not waiting. I already wrote to the Fender CEO and asked for 2000 breadsticks.

You do love a breadstick. I need to go to Olive Garden for Soup, Salad and Breadsticks.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper