Gibson Brands Forums

30A, anyone?

AnneS

I’m headed to the FL Gulf Coast tomorrow for the music festival this weekend. Headliners include Emmylou and Steve Earle, Ann Wilson, the Zombies. Also performing will be everybody from Patty Griffin and Shawn Mullins to Mary Gauthier and James McMurtry—175 performers, I believe.

Anybody else going, or’ve ever been?

I would rather be a lot of places than here as they are predicting 6+ inches of snow tomorrow night. But my wife left for the FL Gulf Coast to visit her parents today and will be there though Monday. I will call her tonight to tell her about the music. Other than Emmylou Harris, it sounds like she would enjoy it.

Steve and Emmylou were first-rate, as were Patty Griffin and Mary Gauthier. New faves include Robyn Hitchcock (who kept asking Steve the sound guy for various special effects, such as “Make my vocal sound like triple-tracked Art Garfunkel with a soupçon of David Crosby.”), Peter Bradley Adams (knows exactly what to do with his ‘56 Country and Western) and David Robert King.

Neither Lee Ann Womak nor Willie’s grandaughter (Raelyn) did a thing for me-the former not being my cup of tea, the latter not being very good, imo.

Today, I will have to miss The Zombies and Ann Wilson (I am under the proverbial weather) but hope to catch Michelle Malone and/or Will Kimbrough later.

And that’s my report from the sidelines—

Archived