• You cannot reply to this topic

Dear Gibson Reality.

#1 User is online   Farnsbarns 

• Antelope
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationGodstone, Surrey, England

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:31 AM

Dear Gibson,

I'd like to recognise that you're a privately owned company with permanently closed accounting, the internal affairs of which we know nothing except the hot air of a handful of disgruntled employees who are, by their definition, going to have a negative perspective.

I'd like to recognise that because of the above we have no idea what you should be doing, if your business model meets the needs of the business or whether this is working for you. We know not whether you intend to continue building guitars for ever. We know not if you intend to remain am American company or whether you might decide to relocate to China.

Being a privately owned company that is entirely up to you and your senior management. I might buy more of your guitars, if I like a guitar and I can afford it, but I might not. To you, I am insignificant and this doesn't matter.

Good luck for the the future Gibson. I don't own 1 billionth of 1 percent of your assets, your future or the revenue generated by your decisions so you do it as you see fit. I'll carry on buying things I like when I can.

Kind regards.

Sanity.

This post has been edited by Farnsbarns: 11 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

I'm not drunk, you're blurry.

Farns

#2 User is offline   FZ Fan 

• Nanook Rubs It
  • Group: All Access
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:33 AM

View PostFarnsbarns, on 11 January 2018 - 05:31 AM, said:

Dear Gibson,

I'd like to recognise that you're a privately owned company with permanently closed accounting, the internal affairs of which we know nothing except the hot air of a handful of disgruntled employees who are, by their definition, going to have a negative perspective.

I'd like to recognise that because of the above we have no idea what you should be doing, if your business model meets the needs of the business or whether this is working for you. We know not whether you intend to continue building guitars for ever. We know not if you intend to remain am American company or whether you might decide to relocate to China.

Being a privately owned company that is entirely up to you and your senior management. I might buy more of your guitars, if I like a guitar and I can afford it, but I might not. To you, I am insignificant and this doesn't matter.

Good luck for the the future Gibson. I don't own 1 billionth of 1 percent of your assets, your future or the revenue generated by your decisions so you do it as you see fit. I'll carry on buying things I like when I can.

Kind regards.

Sanity.

Well put. All my Gibbys are used and if I decide to buy another it will be used as well. I will not put one red cent into King Henry the J's pocket. I like their guitars, and I have since I was a kid when I drooled over them before I could afford one. But there are so many great used ones out there at reasonable prices. I've been playing my acoustics more anyway and none are Gibson's cause I am just not into Gibby Acoustics.

This post has been edited by FZ Fan: 11 January 2018 - 06:35 AM

1995 - Fender American Standard Jazz Bass with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Jazz Bass Neck
1997 - Fender American Standard Tele with Rio Grande Pickups
2000 - Gibson SG Special
2003 - Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat with Rio Grande Pickups and a Warmoth Strat Neck
2009 - Gibson BB King "Lucille" Signature Model
2009 - Kala KA-T Tenor Ukulele
2011 - Martin D-28

2014 - Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II with Lindy Fralin Pure PAF's
2014 - Martin D-18

Fender Deville 60 Watt Combo Guitar Amp

Fender Blues Jr. 15 Watt Como Guitar Amp with a Weber Speaker
Mesa Transatlantc TA-15 Head 5W/15W/25W Switchable
Egnater Tweaker 40 Watt Combo Guitar Amp (On Loan To My Son)

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Extension Cab with a Weber Speaker
Acoustic B100 Amp 100 Watt Bass Combo Amp
Orange CrushPiX CRL20 20 Watt Guitar Amp

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users